Colombia - Register for Unified Tax (RUT)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply online,enter the DIAN Application Form RUT and select one of the options, as corresponds: Legal Person or Natural Person Chamber of Commerce.
- Fill in the form with identifying information, location and rating. For legal and similar persons,they must prove the ownership requirement of current or savings account. The system will generate the 1648 format "Information-Tax Identification Number NIT-" to formalize prior to enrollment, the applicant should make the account opening procedure before the relevant Financial Institution. 1648 This format is valid for 30 calendar days, extendable for another 60 days.
- After completing all information, generate the draft form (form 001), press the send option and follow the instructions, mail them and attach the scanned media. Five days after, verify information by return mail will receive the pdf of the RUT formalized.
- For those who will not send the scanned media, when you have filled out the form, you must come with the required documents to the headquarters of the DIAN, or point (s) closest ConTacto or the headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce for requiring commercial register. They will review and validate the information and compare the data in the identification embedded in the form and verify the correct choice of economic activity and responsibilities.
- After the information was verified, the competent official will proceed to formalize the registration for which prints of the certificate must be signed by the individual, legal representative or agent, and by the authorized official. A copy will be given to interested and another rest in the DIAN.
- Colombian citizens who are abroad must perform steps 1 to 4 and then send the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org registration form, attaching the scanned copy of the identity document and document authorizing residence abroad. DIAN official validates the information and formalizes the document, sending email back to the customer informed. This scanned media must be signed and returned by fax or email.
For Legal Entities
- (Original Copy or photocopy) of a document in which the existence and legal representation is proved, for those who are required to register with Chamber of Commerce, issued no more than one (1) month.
- Evidence of ownership of an active checking account at an institution supervised by the Financial Superintendence of Colombia, with date of issue no more than one (1) month (Original)
For Citizens of Colombia
- photocopy of duly executed Power
- Certificate of Citizenship who performs the procedure, guardian or legal representative of the estate (photocopy)
- Evidence of ownership of active checking account in a guard by the Financial Superintendence of Colombia, with date of issue no more than one (1) month in the case of registration as Head of Sales Tax or entity Common System as an importer or exporter, except in the case of an occasional importer (Original)
- Certificate of current Aliens who performed the procedure, agent or legal representative of the estate (photocopy)
Office Locations & Contacts
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
- Legal entities must be enrolled.
- Citizens of Colombia (either by birth or adoption)
There is no fee in registering for unified tax.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are the procedures on how to register for unified tax. Initial recognition whereby natural persons, legal persons and other subjects of obligations administered by the Directorate of National Taxes and Customs DIAN, are incorporated into the Unified Tax Registry.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.