Colombia - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to any Auxiliary registration offices, houses or municipal country, if outside the respective Consulate in the country where you are or clinic or hospital where the birth occurred provided that the entity has entered health agreement with the National Registraduria for effect.
- Request for the registration of the birth of a person.
- Submit personally the information of the person whose birth is to be registered.
- Submit documents necessary for the registration. Have two witnesses for the birth who are reliable to you.
- Receive copy of the original vital records registered.
Ads by Google
- birth certificate officially translated if it has been issued in a different language, If the birth occurs overseas (apostilled copy)
- medical certificate of live birth issued by the hospital or the doctor or nurse who has attended the mother at birth if the baby is a month old or less. If you do not have the certificate of live birth, must be made ??under oath two business Witnesses to the event or having a direct and reliable news of him. The oath shall be deemed paid by the mere fact of signing. If the child is over a month old, must be submitted to any of the above documents, christening or departure accompanied by the certification of the competence of the priest who celebrated the baptism or religious origin annotation accompanied by a certificate issued by the legal representative of the church (Original
- Certificate of Citizenship or Immigration of complainants and witnesses (Original)
- Certificate blood type and RH factor. (Original)
Office Locations & Contacts
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
There is no fee to register a birth.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.