Colombia - Obtain Death Certificate
Following are the procedures on how to obtain a death certificate. The death is the latest in the facts of the marital status of a person.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go personally at the Civil Registry Office of the place of occurrence of death.
- Request enrollment in the Folio death record, providing the required documents and providing the information requested civil registrar of the place of occurrence of death.
- Sign the registration and receive a copy of Death Registry, the Office of Civil Registry of the place of occurrence of death.
Ads by Google
- original Orden, court order or judicial decision declaring the alleged death by disappearance, in the case of violent death, certain death and is not found or there is no corpse
- Certificate of citizenship or alien complainant (Original)
- original Certificate issued by the doctor who treated the person during his last illness, or medical examiner certificate. When not in the previous two can certify the health officer. When none of the above is, death certify any doctor who performs an official place in the charge related to his profession and all medical professional. Only if there are no doctors in the town, it may be demonstrated by evidence of two competent witnesses.
- Death Certificate issued by the foreign official, which must be officially translated and apostilled if issued in a language other than Castilian (apostilled copy)
There is no fee in obtaining a death certificate.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.