Colombia - Obtain Copy of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificate
Following are the procedures on how to obtain a birth, marriage and death certificate.
Citizens of Colombia (either by birth or adoption).
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- You can go personally or write a request for a copy of the Civil Registration of birth, marriage or death in the Auxiliary registration offices, municipal or country houses, municipalities, townships, police inspections or Consulate in the respective country where registration took place attaching the receipt of the consignment process rights.
- After your request, the copy of birth, marriage or death certificates will be sent to you.
Ads by Google
- Banking Consignment process rights (Original)
- Certificate issued by the Special Administrative Unit for Comprehensive Care and Repair with a calendar issue no more than thirty (30) days, proving the status of victims. (Original)
- Certification of the vulnerability of the population to be served, issued by the competent municipal authority or by the Attorney General, for the recognition of exemption made by the Coordination Unit for Vulnerable Population "UDAPV ". (Original)
- Certificate fee: 5,750.00 Pesos (value in Colombia)
- (U.S. 5.70) 6.00 American Dollars (value abroad)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.