Colombia - Modify or Update Certificate of Citizenship
Following are the procedures on how modify or update information in a Certificate of Citizenship. To modify or update is the correction of the certificate, for typing, spelling, numerical errors in fact or by changes in situations that served as a base.
Citizens of Colombia (either by birth or adoption) who needs to modify or update their Certificate of Citizenship.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- You must apply in person at the Special registration offices, Municipal Auxiliary or at the Colombian Consulate in the country you are currently residing.
- Submit an application form along with all other required documents.
Ads by Google
- A copy of Birth certificate with space for notes, stating the modification of biographical data *Original Certificate issued by the Special Administrative Unit for Comprehensive Care and Repair in issuance of not more than thirty (30) calendar days, proving the status of victims
- Original Certification of the vulnerability of the population to be served, issued by the competent municipal authority or by the Attorney General, for the recognition of exemption made by the Coordination Unit for Vulnerable Population "UDAPV "
- Three (3) color photographs, size 4x5 cm, straight, white, dark clothing. If you have very light hair or white, the background of the photo must be clear blue. For procedures that are performed in the departmental capital cities need not be carried photographs.
- Bank deposit of the rights of the processing (Original)
- Colombia value: Thirty-four thousand eight hundred pesos ($ 34,800) 35.00 Dollars
- Abroad value: Thirty-four dollars and eight cents (U.S. 34.80) 35.00 American Dollars
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
National Civil Registry
Avenida Calle 26 # 51-50 - CAN (Bogota - Colombia)
Switchboard: (571) 220 2880
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- National Civil Registry:
More information which might help people.