Colombia - Apply for Emergency Passport
When there is an immediate need for a citizen of Colombia to obtain a travel document, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs may issue an Emergency Passport instead of a regular passport. The book consists of eight (8) pages. Application to obtain an emergency passport and a passport with machine readable zone may be applied simultaneously.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill in the application form, this may be done electronically or manually.
- Submit your application at the nearest passport office in your place of residence. There you will have your photo, fingerprint and signature taken.
- You will also need to submit all other required documents,that will be verified by the receiving officer.
- Pay the fee. You will need the proof of payment when you collect your passport.
- Once you receive your passport, check for any error on the data as well as the photograph or the signature. The applicant have a maximum of six (6) months to claim the passport once it has been issued, if not claimed at this time, the passport will be canceled and the applicant must apply and pay for a new passport
Ads by Google
- Certificate of citizenship in current format (Original)
- Password for the first time or rectification, or pending receipt of duplicate or renewal of the writ of citizenship. If found the certificate of pending citizenship (certified copy, Original)
- Civil birth registration,if a minor or an adult who is in process the writ of citizenship for the first time or rectification in the National Registraduria (Original, certified copy)
- Cedula citizenship of parent, legal representative or authorized third party, is presented as a companion minor (Original)
- Document certifying custody (Original), for those accompanying a minor
- Branch duly executed, in the event that the minor is accompanied by a third party. If they are in country, the authorization shall be made by special power authenticated by a notary public. If you are abroad, the authorization shall be made by special power legalized by the consul of Colombia. If you are outside in a place where there is no consulate of Colombia, by special authority granted by the competent authority with personal presentation duly apostilled or legalized (Original)
- Visa RE (Resident) of parents in effect at the time of birth of the minor, if minor children of father and mother foreign born in Colombia (Original)
- Deed of Adoption, if the minor is adopted by foreign parents (Original)
- Identity card or password card identity. If the child is between 7 and 17 years old. This document is not required for the process that takes place abroad (Original)
- Previously issued passport, if it is available (Original)
- Electoral Certificate of the last elections, in case you want to get the discount benefit electoral Act (Original)
- In Bogotá: 155,000.00 Pesos
- In the Governorates: Emergency Passport without departmental taxes - 155,000.00 Pesos
- Outside Euro territory and Cuba: 78.00 Euros
- Other countries: 112.00 American Dollars
An emergency passport is valid for 7 Months.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Once the passport application is paid, you may collect your passport within the following time period:
- 24 hours in Bogota
- 48 hours in the governorates
- In Colombian consulates abroad, 8 business days.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Palacio de San Carlos: Calle 10 # 5-51 Bogota, Colombia
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Switchboard: (57-1) 3814000
Fax: (57-1) 3814747
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Colombian State Online:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
More information which might help people.