Chile - Register a Death
Deaths in Chile must be registered with the Bureau for the district in which they occurred.
Who can register a death:
- relatives of the deceased
- the inhabitants of the house where the death occurred or
- neighbors who know of his personal and family circumstances (to provide information that will be requested)
Ads by Google
- The deadline to apply for a death entry must be registered three (3) days from the date of death. After this period, it is required to practice judicial authorization registration.
- Registration with medical certificate can be requested by relatives of the deceased, the inhabitants of the house in which the death occurred or neighbors. If the deceased was detained in a health or otherwise, should ask the head of the establishment Register.
- If a death happened in rural areas where there is no health services or doctors and you cannot determine the cause of death, the doctor will issue a medical certificate to bring the causes preventing grant Medical Certificate of Death. Registration should be submitted by the applicant and two witnesses over 18 years, mainly relatives extinct, who have known personally and have seen his body.
- In cases of violent death caused by accident, homicide, poisoning or other unnatural cause, the register is practiced in the constituency for the Legal Medical Service where legal autopsied.
- For a death registration of an alleged death, the applicant must present a Civil Officer authorized copy of the final judicial judgment declaring Alleged Death. This Death Registration in the district should be required for the seat of the Tribunal in the first instance decreed Alleged Death.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to the office of the Civil Registry nearest to the place where the death occurred.
- Bring the required documents.
- Request the registration of the death.
Ads by Google
- Registration with Medical Certificate of Death
- Medical Certificate of Death, in duplicate
- identity card of the applicant
- Enrollment Death by Witnesses
- identity card or identity document of the deceased
- identity cards to the applicant and two witnesses
- Negative Medical Certificate pointing grant causes preventing the Medical Certificate of Death of the Health Services area, if any
- Registration of Death by Cause Violent
- Medical Certificate of Death issued by the Section of Legal Medical Service Thanatology
- Injunction why an autopsy is required
- identity card of the applicant, unless the apply the Forensic Medical Service.
'Death Registration Alleged Death
- Must present Civil Officer authorized copy of the final judicial judgment declaring Alleged Death
Registration of death is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.