Chile - Register a Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the office of the Civil Registry nearest to where the birth took place.
- Take the required background and request enrollment of the baby.
- proof of delivery
- valid identity card (in good condition)
If the father does not prove marriage:
- Proof of birth and identity card of him and his mother (in good condition)
If a third person acting on behalf of parents, united by marriage:
- proof of delivery
- single branch of one of the parents to apply for registration, indicating that the names assigned to the child and the parents' personal data
- identity card of the applicant (current and in good condition)
If a third person acting on behalf of the parent is not united by marriage:
- proof of delivery
- single power which empowers the applicant to apply for Birth Certificate, which shall contain the names to be assigned to the child (a) and personal data of the parents
- Branch, by deed, to recognize the son (s) on your behalf, if applicable.
- identity card of the parent who empowers the applicant (valid and in good condition)
- applicant's identity card (valid and in good condition)
- If there is no marriage, the parent may then recognize the child by act extended to any civil officer (the procedure is free) or by deed executed before Notary.
- Exceptional cases
- If without proof of birth: The birth may be proven by the testimony of two witnesses over 18 years, with their identity cards, they know the mother personally and certify under oath to the civil officer or the fact and circumstances of birth.
- Children of unknown or abandoned mother: The person or institution in charge of the child must go to one of the civil registry offices, in order to learn how to register.
- Ages 18 above: it is necessary to request further information on any of our offices.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
To be eligible you must have had a child in Chile.
- This registration is for free.
This registration is valid for ever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The registration is instantaneous.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Births in Chile must register with the Office of Civil Registry and Identification corresponding to the district (territory) where the birth occurred.
- If the birth is credited with a certificate from the hospital in the moment that the mother had the child, in the birth certificate mother is reported as the women that appears in the certificate from the hospital.
- In the case of paternity, when it doesnt exist a marriage, the father must recognize the child in the moment that he is requiring the inscription or he can make the registration, later, by public deed.
- During the 30 days after the birth, the inscription can be made only by the mother or the father, by themselves or by agent.
- If there are difficulties in the birth registration office serving, The registration may be made in another, by means of a written request, sent to the Civil Officer.
- Full name of the mother or father
- Date of the birth
Need for the Document
Birth registration is intended to make legal proof of the fact of birth of a person and establish family relationships that determine their status in relation to this. It records also the facts and actions of enrollment, that impact on their marital status.
Information which might help
- According to the new law of parentage, it is necessary to bear in mind that: If the parent signs the registration shall be entered the name, meaning this act recognizing the child.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The birth registration is used to obtain a birth certificate and an ID.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.