Chile - Register Vehicles
All motor vehicles must be registered before operated on the public roads and streets in the Registry of Motor Vehicles, as mandated by Law No. 18,290 of 1984 (Traffic Law) and the DS N ° 1.111/84 (vehicle registration regulations motorized).
The motor vehicle registration maintains the history of automobile ownership and publicizes it, tracked nationwide. The main function of this register is to report on the status of a motor vehicle at any given time.
Chilean citizens who own vehicles.
Ads by Google
- The applicant must have the original documents.
- In case of a vehicle you wish to register on behalf of a community, you must give the full name and RUN or RUT each of the commoners.
- The name of the purchaser (individual or company)
- The number of their identity card or RUT number (if applicable)
- Identification data of the vehicle that you wish to register, including: type of vehicle, make, model, year of manufacture, color, fuel type, gross vehicle weight and engine numbers, chassis or another
- Go to any of the offices of the Civil Registry.
- Order the registration of a motor vehicle.
- Present and submit documents proving control over the vehicle.
- Fill out an application form.
- Pay the registration rights and the value of patent plates.
- The office will provide the applicant his Plates Vehicle Patent and proof of the Enrollment Application.
- After the record has been reviewed and entered in the Enrollment database, the office will send by mail the Certificate of Registration in the RVM.
- If there is an event of existence of grounds for rejection of Registration requested, the office will inform the applicant by mail. The applicant must visit the Office of Civil Registry and Identification which required the registration and make corrections as necessary. To avoid rejection, it is suggested to accompany a photocopy of RUT legal persons.
Ads by Google
- original invoice (issued by an importer, licensed manufacturer or one of its authorized distributors or dealers)
- customs documents (indicating the legal admission of the vehicle and payment of customs duties or the franchise to avails)
- court judgment ordering the Vehicle Registration
First car registration - $ 48,680
- Value includes: Registration Plates $ 30,490 and $ 18,190 patent plates
First registration motorcycles - $ 38,180
- Value includes: Registration $ 30 490 and $ 7690 patent plates
First registration trailers - $ 38,590
- Value includes: Registration $ 30 490 and $ 8,100 patent plate
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
The registry information is also useful for creditors, the courts, potential buyers and other public and stakeholders.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.