Chile - Obtain a driver license
There many types of licenses depending on the use and the transportation, the most common one is the license class B, this license is for private people transportation. Also you can find:
- License class A1: For taxis
- License class A2: For taxis, ambulances or for motor transportation with a capacity of 10 to 17 passengers, without the driver.
- License class A3: For Taxis, scholar transportation, ambulances and public or private transportation without limit of sits.
- License class A4: For freight transportation with weight greater than 3500 kilos.
- License class A5: For freight transportation, simples or articulated, with weight greater than 3500 kilos.
- License class B: For motor vehicles with 3 or 4 wheels, for private transportation of people with a 9 sits capacity, or for freight transportation with weight beneath 3500 kilos.
- License class C: For vehicles with 2 or 3 wheels, with a fixed or aggregate motor. example: Motorcycles.
- License class D: For automotive machinery, like tractors.
- License class E: For animal-drawn vehicles.
- License class F: For armed forces, policies and firefighters transportation.
To be eligible you must have at least 17 years old, and have finished primary school, like a general requisite. For professional licenses you must be at least 21 years old, accredit that you have had a B class license during 2 years minim and have pass the professional conductor class. To have a license class A3, you have to accredit that you have had an A1 or A2 license for at least 2 years. To have a license class A5, you have to accredit that you have had an A4 license for at least 2 years.
Ads by Google
• Exist a different test for every kind of license, and you can find the information to study on the driver education page of Chile. • When you are a minor, with 17 years old, you can obtain a license but you have to pass the driver curse, that it’s only obligatory for people under 18. • This license does not apply to drive in other countries.
- Date of Birth.
- City of Birth.
- RUT number
- Go to the direction of traffic of your city.
- If you are under 18, first you have to do the driving course (practical and theoretical) on a private place.
- You have to make an appointment to do the practical test, the theoretical test and the psycho technical. The practical test is with a supervisor and you can asked for a car in your driving school, or you can asked someone to drive you to the test; To the theoretical test exist computers with touch technology, and in the psycho technical you are gonna be tested on many driving skills, such as reaction and vision.
- After you make the tests, you have to go to the waiting room, take a number and wait until they call you to take your picture and give you a delivery date.
- On the designated date you go get your license
Ads by Google
- The certificate of the driving course (If that the case)
- ID Card
- B Class 0.51 UTM
- A Class 0.36 UTM
- B and C class= 6 years
- professional licenses= 4 years
- Especial Licenses= 6 years
- 10 days
Following are the office locations which can be used : Office Locations
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
To drive in other countrys you have to asked for the especial license, This license has a fees of $20.000 chilean pesos, and you only need your actual driving license and 2 pictures. If you wanna renew your license you only have to take the psycho technical test and pay the fees.
Driving license can be used as proof of identity.