Chile - Obtain a Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to any Civil Registry Offices and Identification.
- Inform the officer that you wish to obtain a marriage certificate.
- Submit all the required documents and pay the appropriate fee.
- You have to enter the Chilean Civil Registry.
- Fill in all the details needed.
- The result of your online request will be sent to by email.
Apply By Phone
- Dial 600 370 2000 from any landline or mobile phone.
- Select option # 5, to request a certificate
- Give your RUN or the name of the person requesting the certificate to the telephone operator.
- Indicate the type of certificate you need and the email address you wish to receive notifications about your request.
- ID card
Office Locations & Contacts
Registro Civil e Identification
Contact Number: 600 370 2000 (can be accessed from anywhere in the country, through cellular phones and landlines, paying only the value of a local call)
For Calls Coming From Abroad: +56 2 26552101
Search for Civil Registry Offices
To be eligible both people must be Chilean citizens, and the two of them must own a RUN number (National unique role).
- Marriage certificate for family allowance:
- Application submitted online: free
- Application submitted through the office: $ 290.
- Certificate of marriage for all process:
- Online and through the office: $ 710.
- Certificate of marriage to subinscripciones:
- Online and through the office: $ 1,820.
When the request is made online, should add $ 201 in respect of use of means of payment
Marriage certificate is Valid for 60 days, when it is an electronic one; you can check the code that is written on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The marriage certificate is instantaneous.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain a free marriage certificate for family allowance purpose only.
- You can buy a marriage certificated for all purposes.
- If after the marriage has been practiced some sub-enrollment, such as a change in the property regime of marriage, can only be issued Marriage Certificate for all procedures (with subscriptions) and / or Family Allowance.
- The certificate can be asked online or in person. When is online the document contains an advanced electronic signature, that way you can send it by email to the institutions that required.
- Full name (of the two people)
- Residency (of the two people)
- Contact number
- Email (of the two people)
- RUN (of the two people)
Need for the Document
The marriage certificate in Chile is used for legal procedures, and its function is to accredit the marriage, this certificate can be used to obtain a birth certificated of a child.
Information which might help
- In presenting the marriage certificate for any procedure, may be checked at the Chilean civil registration website for 60 days from the date of purchase by entering your folio number and code verifier. The coincidence between the information displayed on the screen and printed on the certificate confirms the authenticity of the document in a given day.
- The certificates or requests can be pay with the payment methods available on the website: General Treasury of the Republic, Servipag or My Accounts.
- If paying through Servipag or My Accounts, add $ 201 Chilean pesos for every purchase. made.
- If the marriage took place before 1950, may not be entered in the civil registration database. If so, you may request admission by sending an email here: https://www.registrocivil.cl/OficinaInternet/servlet/MuestraPagina?contexto=0&pagina=/OficinaInternet/servlet/HomeVenta
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Marriage Certificate can be used to obtain a birth certificate.
- Marriage Certificate:
More information which might help people.