Chile - Obtain a Death Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to http://www.registrocivil.cl. Click on "Online Certificates".
- Select certificate to obtain complete data.
- Your requested certificate will be sent to your email.
- Call 600 370 2000 from a landline or mobile phone.
- Select option # 5, to request a free certificate.
- The executive who answered your call will tell your RUN or the person requesting the certificate.
- Make careful note of the type of certificate you need.
- Enter the email where you want to receive the certificate.
- Call the executive who shall return the certificate to the email you reported.
- Go to the Civil Registry and Identification office.
- Request the certificate you need.
- Present the required documents and pay the appropriate fee.
- For a successful request, you will get the certificate.
- complete data or identity card of the deceased
Office Locations & Contacts
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
To obtain a death certificate of someone, you have to know the Chilean RUN of the person.
Death certificate for family allowance
- Online - Free
- In Person - $290
Certificate of death for all process
- Online and In Person - $710
Certificate of death with cause of death
- Online and In Person - $710
Note: For any transaction online, there is an additional $201 for each purchase, by using some of their payment methods.
Death Certificate is Valid for 60 days, when it is an electronic one; you can check the code that is written on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The death certificate is instantaneous.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- There are three types of death certificates issued by the Civil Registry and Identification in Chile. These are:
- Current: for general use.
- Centre killer: required by insurance companies.
- For family allowance: used for security purposes.
- These certificates are subject to the payment of respective tax offices and can be ordered in the Civil Registry and Identification.
- The death certificate can be obtained online or in person.
- Full name of the person
- RUN of the person
- Email of the person who is asking for the certificate
Need for the Document
A Death Certificate is an official document stating particulars relating to a dead person.
Information which might help
- In presenting the death certificate for any procedure, may be checked at the Chilean civil registration website for 60 days from the date of purchase by entering your folio number and code verifier. The coincidence between the information displayed on the screen and printed on the certificate confirms the authenticity of the document in a given day.
- The certificates or requests can be pay with the payment methods available on the website: General Treasury of the Republic, Servipag or My Accounts.
- If paying through Servipag or My Accounts, add $ 201 Chilean pesos for every purchase made.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.