Chile - Getting Married
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations.
Following are procedures on how to get married in Chile.
- Both men and women must be 16 years old or older
- If any of the prospective marriage had between 16 and under 18 years of age, must have the authorization granted by a relative named by law to provide it.
- The consent to the marriage of minors will be awarded upon that the parties concerned to the civil officer or his intended marriage. Failure to do so could result in a reliable record of consent.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Decide about when the marriage ceremony will be performed.
- Contact the appropriate authority who will officiate the ceremony. Make sure to inform the registry officer if you wish to have the ceremony performed in a different place or in a different time.
- Follow directions, obtain all necessary documents and fulfill all the requirements.
Ads by Google
- Valid identity card (make sure it's in a good condition)
- Book double original: $ 1,830
- Duplicate of marriage certificate: $ 2,870
- Marriage held at the office of the Service, during working hours: Free
- Marriage held outside the office of the Service, during working hours: $ 28,190
- Marriage held outside the office of the Service and within working hours: $ 21,680
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Registro Civil e Identification
Contact Number: 600 370 2000 (can be accessed from anywhere in the country, through cellular phones and landlines, paying only the value of a local call)
For Calls Coming From Abroad: +56 2 26552101
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Celebration of Marriage:
More information which might help people.