Chile - Apply for Identity Card (Foreigner)
Foreigners can also apply for their own identity card. They must just follow certain rules to be able to do it. Following are the procedures on how to apply for foreigner's identity card.
Foreigners must be:
- over 18 years old.
- living in Chile.
- owners of any type of visa or permanent residence.
Ads by Google
- The family of the visa holder has the same type of visa that he has, as well as the same maturity.
- Argentina Foreign nationals who hold temporary card or seasonal worker may submit their national identity card (DNI) in lieu of a passport.
- If the applicant has exceeded the period of 30 days remaining to apply for your card, you must first obtain special permission from the Department of Immigration and Migration from the interior ministry or dela respective Regional Municipality, or proof of punishment or reprimand for this delay.
- If the applicant is the holder of a university profession gained abroad, and want it shown on your identification card, you must first validate his degree at the University of Chile, or benefit from any of the qualifications recognition agreements concluded with some countries whose history and requirements will be notified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- After this procedure, you can register your title at the professional registry running this service. So, automatically, and each time you get this document, it appears his profession in the identity card.
- The identity card for foreigners to be granted to resident visa holders will have a validity period equal to their respective visa, except in the case of holders of permanent residence, which will last for five years.
- The deadline for the processing of a first application for identity card for foreigners is 8 days.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to an office of the Civil Registry.
- Proceed to one of the service modules and request their identity card.
- Follow the instructions of the officer(s) and cancel the value of the document.
- In a period of eight days hábilas must go to the same office, which made the request to withdraw his identity card to the corresponding proof.
Ads by Google
- a valid passport with residence visa stamped on it
- certification of registration of International Police rxtranjeros
- proof of payment of the value of the card
- photocopy of passport pages where includes: identification of the holder, the validity of the passport and the visa granted, the date of entry (if the visa consular)
- foreign registration card
Identity card for foreigners: $ 4,050
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.