Chile - Apply Travel Documents for Foreigners
Travel document for foreigners is only valid special character to exit the country, and is awarded to foreigners whose country has no consular representation in Chile, or for any other reason are prevented from provision of their respective passports.
Foreign residents who are in any of the following situations:
- A stateless.
- For the resident visa refugees political asylum.
- The children of resident aliens, born in Chile and under 18 years. 's foreign travel document has a validity period of two years, renewable for the same period, provided that the holder has obtained Chilean or foreign . During his term, the alien may enter and leave the country, provided it complies with the requirements set out in the Immigration Act.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to one of the offices of the Civil Registry or foreign office in Santiago.
- Submit the required documents.
- Request the document you need.
- Cancel the corresponding values and obtain document.
Ads by Google
For travel document
- tourist card
- Two photographs of the holder
- Certificate issued by the Police Chilean Investigative stating that no legal impediments or police to leave the country. proof of payment of the value of this document
For foreign travel document or to refugee
- identity card
- proof of payment of the value of the travel document and the tax that burdens it
- For Stateless:
- permanent residence certificate
- certificate of validity of the permanent residence granted by immigration
- For Refugees:
- resolution of asylum resident visa political, granted by the Ministry of Interior.
- For Son of non-resident alien:
- Chilean birth certificate indicating his son abroad quality passer
- consular certificate of the country of nationality of the parents, indicating the reason for which they can not give that country's passport
- visa granted by resolution of the Ministry of Interior, if the alien is 18 years notarization, consular judicial or out of the country, if it is less than 18 years.
Travel document - $ 11,510
New travel document - $ 49,130
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.