Chandigarh - Apply for Drug License (Retail and Wholesale - Pharmacy)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- No individual can start or continue a business dealing drugs / cosmetics / medicine in India, unless an appropriate license is obtained from the designated authority.
- As different state has different parameters and regulations, as a first step applicant shall consult their local drug license authority to get advice on
- Any updated rules and regulations in issuance of license.
- Update on drugs that were included in the list for which license can’t be obtained.
- Fees payment type etc.
- Submit application along with required documents and original copy of fees paid challan to the Office of Drug Controller-Chandigarh.
- Link for contact details : Chandigarh Administration AND Link2
- Application form links: Wholesale Link and Retail Link.
- The submitted application will be checked by authorities for details and norms.
- If all are in place authorities will issue a receipt for application submission.
- This application will be processed further.
- Applicant gets notification about the process updates through sms.
- Drug inspector or the respective authority will inspect the premises for verifying the correctness.
- After the inspection is over, Competent person will be asked to report for interview.
- Once all the above process are over Director Health Services-cum-Drug Controller or the appropriate authority will issue drug license.
- Applicant will receive information about the issue of license and shall receive it on hand or through mail as appropriate.
- Fee payment for the license is accepted in different formats like challan/cheque as applicable. Applicants are advised to take the consultation with the respective drug license authority for your area to prepare fees requirement.
Apply through Centres:
- To apply through centres, the applicant has to visit the respective “CSC” centre. Please tap on the following link to locate the centre according to the respective district: link.
- Make sure to have the documents that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- It is advised to take the documents in original to the kiosk for scanning purposes.
- The operator will process the application online.
- On successful submission, the applicant will receive an application number as acknowledgement.
- An inspection will be held to check the premises.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any, will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If verified, the license will be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying in a stipulated period of time.
- The certificate of incorporation or registration
- MOA & AOA or Partnership deed / LLP agreement
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Age proof
- Cancelled cheque (for bank account detail requirement)
- List of directors
- ID and address proof of director
- Passport size photograph
- Board resolution on the letterhead
- Affidavit from directors
- Sale deed document of the premises
- If rented, registered rent agreement
- NOC from the owner
- Architect attested Key plan and site plan
- Fees paid details
- Document requirement from competent person
- Bio data as per proforma
- Appointment letter of competent person
- Proof of qualification
- Experience certificate
- Passport size Photo
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Affidavit of the competent person
- Note :
- Please take above mentioned documents in original and attested copies thereof (to be submitted) at the time of applying.
- Please submit the applicable document from the above list as per applicant type.
Office Locations & Contacts
Drug Controller Office,
Health Department, Sector 34, U.T Chandigarh
Contact Link: link
Central Drugs Standard Control Organization Directorate General of Health Services
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,
Government of India,
FDA Bhavan, ITO, Kotla Road, New Delhi -110002.
Contact link: link
- Any person/company/partnership firm/LLP can apply for drug license
- A competent (registered pharmacist from the state pharmacy council) person with experience shall apply
Please pay as authorities quote
- Valid for period of 3 years
- The license should be prominently displayed at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
45 days or as notified by the department
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A drug license is required to sell/distribute/store medicine. It can be obtained from appropriate government department.
- This license will be helpful to follow the rules and regulations set by regulatory department.
Information which might help
Government has laid down stringent law and regulations for manufacturing and distribution of drugs and medicines in India.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.