Canada - Renew Passport
This procedure provides you information on how to renew passports issued to adults.
To renew your Canadian passport, your current passport must:
- be valid or has been expired for no more than one year;
- have the same name, sex, date of birth and place of birth that you would like to appear on your new passport;
- have been issued with a 5-year or 10-year validity;
- not be damaged;
- never have been reported lost or stolen; and
- have been issued when you were at least 16 years of age.
Ads by Google
Know when you will be needing your passport: It’s important to know your travel date. If you are not traveling in the next month or so, you may apply for passport renewal by mail or visit one of the Passport offices, Service Canada or Canada Post receiving agent locations. If you need your passport within the next 20 days, you need to apply in person at one of the Passport office locations. Many locations also offer pick-up, express and urgent service for an extra fee.
If you already have a passport, it will be cancelled and must be submitted with your application. A cancelled passport cannot be used for travel.
If your passport have a valid visa in it: State in your application form that you want the original passport returned to you and that you still need that visa. If you don’t, the visa could be damaged when the previous passport is cancelled.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
If you are in Canada:
- Complete the passport renewal form. A link is provided under "Documents to Use" section which you can use to download the form.
- Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photo (see list below).
- Two references are needed for passport renewal applications and new passport applications. References must:
- have known you for at least two years for passport applications or six months for Certificate of Identity or Refugee Travel Document applications;
- not be your guarantor;
- not be a family member;
- be 18 years of age or older;
- agree to you using their name and contact information for your application.
- Submit your application:
- If you are applying by mail: Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents. Note: For the address see "Office Locations & Contacts" section.
- If you are applying in person: Find a passport office or a receiving agent (Service Canada or Canada Post) closest to you - Link. When applying in person, you should submit your application yourself. If this is not possible, it may be submitted in person by someone else unless it is an urgent or express request (you must apply in person yourself for urgent or express service).
- Receiving your passport: For passports renewed by mail, the passport (and any original documentation you submitted) will be returned to you by mail; and may be in two separate packages. If you applied in person and paid for a pick-up service, the pickup date will be indicated on your receipt. You can send someone else to pick up your passport if they have valid identification and written authorization from you to do so.
If you are outside Cameroon:
Submit your application to the nearest Government of Canada passport issuing office abroad.
Ads by Google
- completed renewal form
- your most recent passport
- two identical passport photos (the name and address of the photographer and the date the photos was taken must be included on the back of one of the photos - Photo Specifications
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Address for mail:
Government of Canada
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
If using a courier:
Government of Canada
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Find a passport service location near you - Link
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
- Used as a proof of citizenship
- Used for international travel
- Used for identification
More information which might help people.