Cameroon - Renew Passport
This procedure provides you information on how you can renew your passport.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
If you are outside Cameroon:
- To renew your passport get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Cameroon and make an appointment. Passport applications must be submitted IN-PERSON, BY THE APPLICANT HIMSELF; in the case of under-aged applicants, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the child to the Embassy. Notes:
- Each individual passport applicant must schedule an appointment with the Consular Section himself/herself. In the case of under-aged applicants, a parent or a legal guardian must contact the Consular Section to schedule an appointment for their child.
- In the case of families, only one person needs to contact the Consular Section to schedule the appointment for the whole family. When doing so, it will be required to indicate the number and the names of all persons coming to the appointment, whether they are submitting a passport application or not. For example, if an under-aged applicant is accompanied by his father who will not be submitting a passport application, when contacting the Consular Section to schedule an appointment, the father will need to give both names (his and the child’s) – this is necessary in order to ensure that access will be granted to both the father and the child.
- Be reminded that service/access will ONLY be granted to those persons whose names are registered when scheduling the appointment. This implies that failure to register one’s name when scheduling the appointment will result in denial of service/access.
- On the day of your appointment, and at the confirmed time, come to the Consular Section of the Embassy and submit all required documents (see list below).
- Pay the renewal fee.
- You will be notified by the Embassy once your passport is ready for pick up.
Ads by Google
- Applicants must bring along their old Ordinary Passport (if available) whether it is expired or current, to their appointment; applicants who have already been issued a BP (Biometric Passport) or a MRP (Machine Readable Passport) that has less than SIX MONTHS of validity must submit it; the old ordinary passport or BP or MRP will be returned to them once necessary information has been gathered for the accepted passport application;
- Two (02) completed “APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT” forms signed by the applicant himself; For applicants at the Embassy of Cameroon in Washington: The forms must be printed from the Embassy website and filled out entirely with accuracy BEFORE COMING to your appointment at the Embassy – Please note that it will not be possible to obtain the application forms to fill out on the spot once you have arrived at the Embassy for your appointment;
- Originals of documents showing the applicant’s residency status
- Four (04) passport-size photographs with white background; Photos must be taken prior to coming to the Embassy – Any application submitted without photos will be deemed incomplete and will systematically be rejected
- The ORIGINAL Cameroonian Birth Certificate(1) which will be returned to the applicant
- The ORIGINAL Cameroonian National Identity Card IF AVAILABLE; (Certified true copies of the National Identity Card or birth certificate will be established at the Embassy upon presentation of the original documents and those originals will be returned on the spot to their bearer)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s driver’s license or state I.D. if available;
- Proof of profession: Any relevant diplomas, Original of work I.D. (if available) or student I.D., and a certification by the school or employer confirming that the passport applicant is currently employed or that the student is currently enrolled;
- If the applicant’s old ordinary passport or previous MRP was lost/stolen, information about the lost document – References, Date and Place of Issue, Photocopies of all Pages if Possible – AND a police report for the loss or a report number to be verified must be provided.
- PASSPORT APPLICATIONS FOR MINORS: For minors, the following is required in addition to all previous requirements:
- The application forms must be signed by a parent or a legal guardian and the nature of the relationship between the under-aged applicant and the signer must be specified in parenthesis (Example: father, mother, or legal guardian); if the child is under the care of a legal guardian, originals of any documents assigning guardianship must be provided.
- A letter of support or a parental authorization signed by both parents or legal guardians requesting that a Cameroonian passport be renewed or established for the benefit of the child; the letter of support or parental authorization MUST BE LEGALIZED AT THE EMBASSY and signed by the parent(s) or guardian(s) accompanying the child at the time of the application.
- If one or both parents or guardians are Cameroonians, provide original passport(s) and proof of residency status
- A certified true copy of the parent or legal guardian’s Cameroonian passport or National Identity Card must be made at the Embassy upon presentation of the original, and it will be added to the child’s file, as a proof of identification for the person who signs the parental authorization.
- If a parent or legal guardian is not Cameroonian, provide copy of passport pages bearing photo and validity information.
- For Children who came to the United States with photos attached to their parents’ passports, when applying for their own passport, the original or at least a copy of the passport bearing their photo must accompany their passport request.
- For children born abroad from at least one Cameroonian parent, a transcription of the Birth Certificate must be established prior to filing the passport request at the Embassy.
- MARRIED WOMEN: Additional requirements that married women must provide the following:
- If a marriage was performed in Cameroon or by Cameroonian authorities abroad, a certified true copy of the marriage certificate, established at Embassy of Cameroon upon presentation of the original marriage certificate, must be included in the file.
- Cameroonian women who were married abroad are required to bring their original marriage certificate to the Embassy.
- Women who went through a first marriage, then remarried must prove that the previous union was dissolved, by providing a copy of the divorce decree from the previous marriage, or the proof that the former spouse passed away, whichever applies.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon - Washington
3400 International Drive, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 265-8790
Fax: (202) 387-3826
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
- Used as a proof of citizenship
- Used for international travel
- Used for identification
More information which might help people.