Cameroon - Obtain Building Permit or License
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a building permit in Cameroon.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
- The Building Permit is an administrative act authorizing construction after checking its compliance with the rules of art and planning rules.
- Anyone who wishes to undertake a construction, even if it does not have a foundation, must first obtain a Building Permit issued by the Mayor of the Municipality concerned.
- The building permit is also required for work performed on existing buildings when they have the effect of changing its destination, change their appearance or volume, or create additional levels.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To obtain a Building permit, you have to get in touch with the town hall of your local municipal office of the area where the land is located.
- Make sure you have all the documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Submit the completed application form along with the documents in the Mayor's office.
- Within 15 days after submitting the application the mayor will verify the application and documents supplied, after which the Name of the Requester, Address, Surface excluding Network and Destination of the Construction will be displayed in the town/city hall of notice.
- After, validating the application and discussion of the application with the review board building members th final decision will be notified by the Mayor to the applicant.
Ads by Google
- A completed application form that is obtained from the municipality town/city hall that has been stamped which is then signed by the property owner or the agent.
- A planning certificate
- A certificate of ownership issued less than six (6) months or an act of the Minister of areas in lieu thereof.
- A descriptive quote Quantities of work
- A ground plane construction to edit or modify (scale 1/200 or 1/500).
- A ground floor plan (Scale 1/10 or 1/5 000 000).
- Including implementation plans of the foundation plan, distribution, roofing, facades, cuts and structure are applicable at scales defined in the license application model to build an insert cup in the site
- A sanitation (Plan of septic tanks);
- The various details plans: p our fences and swimming pools, details plans (cuts);
- Site photos vacuum with its surroundings;
- Parts or technical and financial provisions prescribed by the Planning Certificate.
The rate of building permits passed by the City Council is set at 1% of the total cost of construction.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
You have to approach the town hall of your local municipal office of your area.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Why require a building permit Anyone is free to use his land, but this freedom is restricted because of the consequences brought by buildings or extensions on neighboring buildings, the environment, interest natural or built landscapes and developments planned by the municipality. Thus the right to use the ground is limited by the Land Use Plan (POS) or failing that, by the general rules of land use.
Penalties for non-submission of building permit
The construction of a building without a permit to construct or implement is a violation of town planning rules. In this case, the mayor can stop the site. the mayor is responsible, under the control of state representative, the municipal police and the performance of state acts are related. The municipal police aimed to ensure the good order, safety, tranquility, security and public safety, the Mayor is responsible for the demolition of buildings constructed without a permit to build and implement.
Note : The lack of a building permit does not automatically imply the destruction of the building.
- The first solution is the payment of a fine
- The destruction of the building may be done if it does not comply with planning regulations in force (hygiene and safety, setbacks easements)
The Mayor can appeal to the competent court:
- The rehabilitation of places and the cessation of the abuse (Destruction).
- The execution of work and development work.
- The payment of the fine.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.