Cameroon - Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Holders of a foreign driving license issued in a State that is a signatory to the Viennes Convention of 19 November 1968, who wishes to obtain Cameroonian Driver's License may submit their request to the Ministry of Transport.
Minimum age requirements:
- Category A: 16 years old
- Category B, E and G: 18 years old
- Category C, D, F and special permits: 21 years old
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Submit your stamped application along with all other required documents to the Driving License Department of the Ministry of Transport.
- Present your foreign driving licence and your residence card.
- Pay all applicable fees.
Ads by Google
- Foreign license to be exchanged/converted
- Stamped application
- Applicants will need to certify the authenticity of their foreign driver's license
- Certification of license given by the authority of the issuing country, this document may be obtained from the Embassy/Consulate
- Medical certificate
- Fees: 6000 f
- National Identity Card for Cameroonians
- Photocopy of the residence card for foreigners
- 4x4 Photos
- For class A, B, C: 10 years
- For class A, B, C, D and the license holder is 55 years old or older, and holders of class A, B, C license aged between 55-60 years: 5 years
- For class C, D, E holders who are over the age of 60: 1 year
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Driving License Categories:
- A1: for driving a motorcycle with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 125cm3, with or without Sidecar, tricycle and quadricycle.
- A: valid for driving a motorcycle with a cylinder capacity exceeding 125m3.
- B: basic license. It is valid for driving passenger vehicles with more than nine seats, including the driver, the transportation of goods vehicles with a maximum permissible weight not exceeding 3500kg and vehicles of this class, the trailer does not exceed not 750Kg.
- C: for driving vehicles used to transport goods, maximum permissible laden weight exceeding 3500kg. The trailer does not exceed 750Kg.
- D: for driving vehicles for passenger transport, with more than eight seats (not counting the driver's) and vehicles of this category including the trailer with weight that does not exceed 750Kg. Children under 10 account for half-up when their number does not exceed ten.
- E: valid for driving vehicles of categories B, C, or D hitched to a trailer the maximum permissible laden weight exceeding 750Kg.
- F: For vehicles permitted under A1, A and B categories, specially designed/modified to accommodate disability. This permit is divided into FA1, FA, FB.
- G: valid for vehicles with following engines: tractors, machinery of public works and industrial vehicles.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.