Cameroon - Apply for a Work Permit
The Cameroonian work permit system is set up for permanent employees, so it’s considerably easier for them to get one.
- Work permit is an authorization that allows a person to be work in a foreign country. Work can be either in a private organization government entity, or non government organization.
- To work for a long period of time in Cameroon, a person needs a worker permit.
- To obtain a worker permit in Cameroon ones needs to have a sponsorship which can be from either an employer, individual person or authorized company.
- A sponsor is required to prove that one shall be earning some money for the time he / she will stay in the country.
- The applicant for a work permit in Cameroon must be foreigner invited for employment in by a registered / recognized company in the country.
Ads by Google
1. An employment contract must be dated and signed by employer and employee;
2. Ensure that you employment contract is approved by Minister in charge of Labor;
3. Renewal of contracts must be only after the legal approval from the Minister in Charge of Labor.
4. Before applying an applicant must ensure that he / she has a legal sponsor;
5. A sponsor must be registered and approved by authority, in this case an employer can act as sponsor;
6. Beware of presence of water born diseases and malaria in the country;
7. Always have adequate hard currency before travelling because credit card is accepted in very few outlets.
8. Application forms should be filled and signed by applicant;
9. Always attach all necessary documents on to the application form;
10. Work permit are tied to one employer, therefore each time you get a new contract, a new work permit must be obtained;
1. Full name of applicant (employee)
2. Sex, Age and marital status
4. Details of Employer in Ethiopia
5. Qualification and work experience details
6. Commencement date
7. Duration of employment
1.Before applying for a worker permit, an applicant must ensure he / she has acquired employment in any registered company / organization in Cameroon. The employment company must be ready to act as sponsor for the applicant, if not an applicant must find a sponsor before applying for a work visa.
2.The purpose of sponsor is it confirms that an applicant shall be earning money during your stay in the country.
3.Take employment contract for approval at the ministry of labour and social security;
4.Obtain an work permit application form and fill it in accurately and it must be dated and signed by the applicant;
5.Prepare all required documents mentioned and attach all necessary document;
6.Make necessary payments; and
7.Submit application to the Ministry of Labour and Social security;
8.Upon submission of application to the Minister, it is either accepted or rejected. Accepted applicants then receive their work permit.
Ads by Google
1. Application letter for a Work Permit addressed to the Minister for Labour and Social Security.
2. Six (6) copies of the contract of employment
3. A detailed job description
4. Resident Permit for those already residing in Cameroon.
5. Recent Medical Certificate
6. Certified true copies of academic or professional Certificates.
7. Applicants’ Curriculum Vitae.
8. Copy of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
9. A certified true copy of entry visa
10. Detailed organization chart of the company presenting all the posts of managers, office agents
11. Company’s profile.
12. Summary of the company’s activities.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Validity is the same as duration of employment contract
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Two (2)to 3 months
1.Go to any embassy, consulate office or high commission of Cameroon in your country
2.Ministry of Labour and Social Security
Telephone: +237 222 30004
3.Ministry of External Relations
Phone: +237 222 03026
Fax: +237 222 00133
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- It is important to note that:-
- A contract of employment related to the workers of foreign national should be approved by the Minister in charge of Labor before they are implemented in some work. Similarly, if the ministry in charge of labour does not approve contract, employment must be cancelled.
1. There is importation of new knowledge and skills into the country;
2. In cases of investors, job opportunities are created in the country;
3. It increases revenue of the country as foreign employees / workers are taxed
4. It ensures security as all applicants are required to provide police clearance certificates to prove their good character.
More information which might help people.