Cameroon - Apply for a Transit Visa
A transit visa authorizes foreigners stay in a given country for a short period of time and then proceed to a third destination. In Cameroon a transit visa is issued for one way trip through to foreigners who make stopovers in the country and continue to another.
A Foreigner going to stay in Cameroon for a short period of time then continues to a third destination. .
Ads by Google
- To avoid inconveniencies at entry points, always obtain a visa before traveling;
- Duration of stay must be short;
- Those travelling within 24 hours should remain in the airport’s transit area;
- Applicants are advised to always purchase tickets after receiving visa;
- Obtain the right application form;
- Applications must be made in person to ensure accuracy;
- Applicants must be ready to obey regulation of the immigration department;
- An applicant must have visa to a third destination;
- Do not carry dangerous materials;
- Holding a visa does not automatically authorize you to enter Cameroon, the immigration department at the entry point has the right to allow or reject entry
1. Full name of applicant
5. Third country of destination
6. Period of stay
7. Details of dependants if any
8. Visa information to a third destination.
1.Before applying, an applicant must make sure that he / she has a valid passport with a blank visa page; and ensure that all the people you are travelling with also meet the passport requirements.
2.Process all documents required for a transit visa in Cameroon and get visa and book ticket required to continue to a third destination;
3.Obtain a medical clearance certificate and make sure all the people you are traveling with also have the same;
4.Go to the nearest Cameroon embassy in your home / neighbouring country and obtain application form for Transit visa through Cameroon. Fill the form accurately.
5.Attach all the required documents (prepared earlier) and submit application to one of the immigration offices.
Ads by Google
- Valid Passport
- Two recent passport photographs
- A copy of onward destination visas (if applicable)
- Proof Of Departure
- International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever
The following should be submitted in cases of minors:
- Notarized letter of support jointly signed by both parents or legal guardians;
- Identification documents of parents or guardians
- Transit Visa in Cameroon on the first or same aircraft within 24 hours provided holding onward tickets and not leaving the airport are not charged .
- Transit five days – US$57
Valid up to 5 days.
Sample application form may be viewed at http://cameroon.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=CM&TravelerTypeID=TR&ResidenceID=US
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Five (5) to ten (10) days
- Incomplete applications may take longer
1.Cameroon Embassies, High commissions or consulate offices in different countries. at http://www.visasinfo.com/cameroon_embassy.html
2.Ministry of External Relations
Phone: +237 222 03026
Fax: +237 222 00133
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1. Holders of a transit visa cannot in Cameroon for a long period of time.
2. It’s an offense for holders of a transit visa to engage in business activities in Cameroon.
3. For countries where Cameroon has no diplomatic representative, visas are available at entry points;
1. It helps foreigners pass through Australia 2. There is a chance to enter and stay in the country for a given period of time. 3. If a person arrives without a visa, he / she is held at the airport and boarded to a plane to return home or continue to a third destination.
More information which might help people.