Cameroon - Apply for a Biometric Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You will need to personally appear at the passport office to submit your application.
- Download and fill in the passport application form
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
For applicants in The Netherlands:
- Applications or documents related to the application of Passports, Visas, Laissez-passer etc must be submitted between 09:00 am and 03:00 pm (Mondays to Fridays.)
- Collection of Passports - 02:30 to 03:30 pm., contact +31(0)703469715 for more information.
Requirements for those applying through a Cameroonian Embassy
- A stamped application addressed to the Cameroonian Ambassador in the country where the applicant is residing.
- A copy of your birth certificate legalized by the Embassy of the Republic of Cameroon.
- A certified true copy of computerized national identity Card.
- A copy of a valid residence permit.
- Proof of occupation e.g. Employment contract or pay slip.
- Consular card (Consular card costs 5.00).
- Photocopies of pages 2, 3, 5 and 6 of the old passport.
- (For minors below 21 years of age) A legalized parental authorization. Seven (7) passport size photos. (4 of them measuring 4x4cm and 3 of them measuring 4x5cm). The head should be positioned directly facing the camera, without a hat or headscarf.
Note: If you are in possession of a consular card already, then you will be required to submit only five (5) Passport-size photographs. All photos must have a white background.
Office Locations & Contacts
Minister of Foreign Affairs
All Cameroonians are eligible to submit application to obtain a passport.
For applicants in The Netherlands:
- Application Fee: 150 Euros ( this includes cost for fiscal stamps and postage charges to and fro Cameroon).
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Passport applications, with all the required documents attached to it will be completed on the same day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.
Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Cameroon Embassy: The Netherlands
More information which might help people.