Cameroon - Apply for Category B Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Licensing Office to apply for a driver's license.
- Complete an application form.
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents.
- Sit in and pass the Theory Test.
- Pay the relevant fee before receiving your learner's permit. The permit will allow you to practice your driving skills (supervised) as preparation for the road test.
- Once you think you are ready, set up an appointment to take the practical driving test.
- After passing the test, pay all necessary fees.
- Receive a certificate that states you pass the practical test and that you are awaiting the issuance of your driving license. If a month passes and you haven't got your driver's license, your certificate will be renewed every month until you receive your license. The license is valid for 10 years and is issued by the Ministry of Transport.
- Applicant's Photos (4x4)
- Medical certificate issued less than 3 months;
- Completed application form (stamped)
- Stamp cost: 5,000 CFA francs
Office Locations & Contacts
Minimum age requirements:
- Category A (Motorcycle): 16 years old
- Category B, E and G: 18 years old
- Category C, D, F and special permits: 21 years old
The application fee and examination costs 20.000fcfa and the issuance of the driving license costs 10.000Fcfa.
- For class A, B, C: 10 years
- For class A, B, C, D and the license holder is 55 years old or older, and holders of class A, B, C license aged between 55-60 years: 5 years
- For class C, D, E holders who are over the age of 60: 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Information which might help
Driving License Categories:
- A1: for driving a motorcycle with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 125cm3, with or without Sidecar, tricycle and quadricycle.
- A: valid for driving a motorcycle with a cylinder capacity exceeding 125m3.
- B: basic license. It is valid for driving passenger vehicles with more than nine seats, including the driver, the transportation of goods vehicles with a maximum permissible weight not exceeding 3500kg and vehicles of this class, the trailer does not exceed not 750Kg.
- C: for driving vehicles used to transport goods, maximum permissible laden weight exceeding 3500kg. The trailer does not exceed 750Kg.
- D: for driving vehicles for passenger transport, with more than eight seats (not counting the driver's) and vehicles of this category including the trailer with weight that does not exceed 750Kg. Children under 10 account for half-up when their number does not exceed ten.
- E: valid for driving vehicles of categories B, C, or D hitched to a trailer the maximum permissible laden weight exceeding 750Kg.
- F: For vehicles permitted under A1, A and B categories, specially designed/modified to accommodate disability. This permit is divided into FA1, FA, FB.
- G: valid for vehicles with following engines: tractors, machinery of public works and industrial vehicles.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.