Cambodia - Apply for a Work Permit
Work permit is an authorization that allows a person to be work in a foreign country. In Cambodia, there are two types of worker permits; This is the temporary and permanent work permit. The worker permits are issued by the Ministry of Interior and are obtained by prospective employers on behalf of their employees.
1.The applicant for a work permit in Cambodia must be foreigner eighteen (18) years and above invited to take on employment in by a registered / recognized company in the country. 2.Temporary work permit are issued to:
- Skilled workers;
- Staff and management specialists;
- Technical staff; and
- Service providers or other labors.
- Foreign immigrants duly recognized by the Minister Interior; and
- Foreign Investors, spouses, and dependents duly recognized by the Council for the Development of Cambodia.
Ads by Google
1.An employment contract must be dated and signed by employer and employee;
2.Application forms should be filled and signed by applicant;
3.Always attach all necessary documents on to the application form;
4.Work permit are tied to one employer, therefore each time you get a new contract, a new work permit must be obtained;
5.Ensure that a work permit is renewed when it expire;
6.It is an offense to stay working in the country while the work permit expired;
7.Applicants must meet the age requirement (eighteen  years and above)
8.For an immigrant be issued with a permanent worker permit, he / she must be registered and duly recognized by the Minister Interior;
9.Foreign investors applying for a permanent work permit should be registered and duly recognized by the Council for the Development of Cambodia;
10.A Child may be registered under the work permit of his / her parents or guardians upon request;
11.Applicants must have a valid visa
12.Submitted passport photographs must be 4×6 and should have been taken in the front without hat or glasses.
13.An insurance policy may be issued by employer or any insurance companies
14.Applicants for a permanent work visa must make deposit an amount of money (as defined in the Anukret) in any bank in Cambodia.
15.Validity of a temporary visa cannot exceed visa validity;
16.Ensure that application for renewal is done three (3) months before the work permit expires. Application for renewal and replacements (if lost) are only submitted to the ministry through the police station in municipality or province of the applicant’s residence;
17.Ensure that all fees are paid accordingly as prescribed;
18.In cases of change of address, ensure to obtain a new work permit within 48 hours upon arrival in the new address.
1.Full name of applicant (employee)
2.Sex, Age and marital status
4.Details of employer in Cambodia (Name and address)
5.Qualification and work experience details of employee
6.Employment commencement date
7.Duration of employment
8.Details of people to be included on work permit
1.The employer should start by finding out what is required in order to obtain the permit.
- This can be done by visiting the Ministry of Interior or by visiting any nearby municipality or province police station;
2.After finding out what is required, obtain a work permit application form and complete carefully and accurately;
3.Make two (2) copies of the filled form to make a total of three (3) filled application forms;
4.Make copies of all required documents (three  copies for each document) and attach them to the application forms;
5.And there after submit application to the Ministry of Interior for review and approval.
- An application for a worker may also be submitted to any police station of a province or municipality.
- When submitted, they police through the governor forwards application to the Ministry of Interior for review and approval.
Ads by Google
For Temporary Worker permit
1.Passport with valid visa
2.Three (3) recent passport photographs
3.Health certificate (should be issued by a physician of the immigrant country)
4.Written work contract
1.Passport with valid visa.
3.Copy of immigrant certificate issued by Minister Interior (for immigrants)
4.Copy of investor certificate issued by Council for the Development of Cambodia (for investors)
5.Three (3) recent passport photographs;
6.Verification documents for a bank deposit (Certified statement from any banks in the Kingdom of Cambodia)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- Temporary work permit – validity does not exceeding visa validity usually One (1) year
- Permanent work permit – two (2) years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
About a month or more
1.Ministry of Interior
No 275 Norodom Blvd.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Telephone: 02 3726052 / +855 2 3726052
Hotline: 02 3720555
Fax: 02 3721905 / +855 2 3721905
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
It is important to note that:-
- A contract of employment related to the workers of foreign national should be approved by the Minister in charge of Labor before they are implemented in some work. Similarly, if the ministry in charge of labour does not approve contract, employment must be cancelled.
- In cases of change of address, holders of worker permits must always inform Foreigner Office of the Police Station of the province or city before going to the new address.
- A work permit may be cancelled if:-
- A person stay in the country is a threat to national security or national interest;
- The holder (immigrant) does not comply with the immigration laws;
- The holder (investor) does not comply with the laws of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- A person acts contrary to public order.
- Work permits may be use as an identity card.
- New technology, knowledge and skills are imported into the country;
- There is creation of job opportunities by investors in the country;
- It increases revenue of the country as foreign employees / workers and their businesses / investments are taxed
- It ensures security as all applicants are required to provide police clearance certificates to prove their good character.
More information which might help people.