Cambodia - Apply for a Transit Visa
A transit visa in Cambodia is also known as the D-visa. It is a single entry visa issued to foreigners who wish to travel through entry ports in Cambodia to a third destination. Like any other visa, a transit visa in Cambodia is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation either through authorized agencies / embassies in foreign countries or at entry ports upon arrival in the country.
A person who intends to pass through Cambodia and continue his / her journey to a third country within a period not more than three (3) days.
Ads by Google
1. In Cambodia a transit must have a visa option
2. An applicant must have a valid passport;
3. An Applicant must be continuing to a third destination;
4. An applicant must have an onward tickets and visa before arriving in Cambodia;
5. Applicants may not be allowed to leave the immigration area upon arrival;
6. Must not overstay beyond visa given period of time;
7. Visa may be obtain before or upon arrival in the country;
8. Be aware of the laws, rules and regulation of the immigration department;
9. Enter through designated entry points;
10. Beware of prohibited / restricted objects, materials and substances.
11. Have enough funds to sustain you while in the country;
12. Applicants must travel within the shortest period of time possible
1. Name and address of applicant
2. Nationality / country of origin
3. Age, Sex and Marital status
4. Duration of stay in the country
5. Details of third destination
6. Onward flight details
7. Particulars of visa and tickets to third destination
8. Details of people to travel (number, name, address, passport details and age)
An applicant who wants to obtain a transit visa must go through the same process as obtaining any other visa in Cambodia.
1. First the applicant must know the transit visa option he / she wishes to apply for. It can be a transit tourist visa or transit business visa;
2. Identify the nearest Cambodia visa issuing agency / diplomatic mission. Lists of such agencies may be viewed at http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Cambodia/Cambodia.html or at http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/cambodia;
3. Visit the identified agency to find out what is required for the visa option;
4. Obtain and fill the application form accurately;
5. Attach copies of all required documents onto the completed application forms;
6. Make necessary payments and also attach a copy of payment receipt onto the application.
7. Thereafter submit application to the issuing agency and wait for a response.
Ads by Google
1. Valid passport
2. Recent passport photographs
3. Onward tickets and visa
4. Flight itinerary
5. Medical clearance certificate
6. Payment slips
Transit Visa – £10
1. Transit visa – up to five (5) days
2. Maximum stay – three (3) days
Sample application form can be downloaded from http://www.cambodianembassy.org.uk/index.php?menu=5
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Normal processing – seven (7) to ten (10) working days
- Visa upon arrival – twenty 20 – thirty 30 minutes
1.Cambodian Embassies, High commissions or Consulate office.
A list is available at http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Cambodia/Cambodia.html or at
2.Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
No.3, Samdech Hun Sen Street, Sangkat Tonle Bassac,
Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 214 441, 23 216 122, 23 224 973
Fax: (855) 23 216 144, 216 141
General Email: email@example.com
3.The Immigration Department
5 Oknha Mean Street
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- It is important to note that a traveler cannot cancel his / her trip in the transit country (Cambodia);
- Travelers using the same fright to a third destination may not require a Cambodian visa, however are required to stay in the transit area till they board for the onward journey;
- Holders Philippine, Singaporean and Malaysian passports do not require transit visas to go through Cambodia to another country;
- Visitors with passports issued by Sri Lanka, Algeria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran Saudi Arabia and Sudan must get their visas before traveling to Cambodia because they cannot be issued with visas at entry ports of Cambodia.
1.Relationship is developed / strengthened among the three (3) countries i.e. the from country, transit country and destined country;
2.Holders of a transit visa can pass through the Cambodia to another country;
3.It ensures security as every visitor goes through the same legal and security procedures;
4.The country receives additional revenue;
More information which might help people.