Cambodia - Apply for Voter Card
In Cambodia the national ID is used as a voter’s card. The squared-out punchhole with ID Card Number ensures the bearer votes only once. The ID Card Number can be used in place of the name because it is a unique value. It shows the voter’s date of birth to confirm age eligibility
All Cambodians aged 18 years of age are eligible for a voter’s card.
Ads by Google
- The National Database Center submits to the National Election Commission names and numbers of qualified voters queried by date of birth and commune of habitual residence basing on the information submitted for National Identity Card.
- The list of qualified voters in a commune are published six weeks beforeelection day in the town hall in the form of ID Card Numbers only.
- National ID Card holders go to the town hall and look for their numbers on the published commune list.
- On Election Day, a voter arrives in his precinct with his National ID Card and queues to vote.
- Voter goes to poll official and gets his National ID Card Number ticked off from the main published list with a giant highlighter for everyone to see as he is given his ballot.
- last name/ first name
- Name in cambodian
- Date of birth gender
- Place of birth
- Place of residence
- Date of issue
- Place of issue
- Expiry date
- Full home address: House No., Street, Phum, Sangkat, Khan
- ID Number
- Fingerprint Scan Reading Unique Value
- Fill out application form for Cambodian national ID
- Present all l supporting identity papers that can help verify identity.
- The applicant goes to service personnel in his precinct of habitual residence
- The applicant then submits the filled out form and their right and left thumb for biometric input.
- The computer createsa unique value for the fingerprint and sends it to Phnom Penh via3G Wireless Internet where the main database sorts it out.
- Meanwhile, the service personnel keys-in all the required information
- By the time all data has been keyed-in biometric confirmation wouldhave been given whether to proceed or not.
- Supporting papers are speed scanned and attached to the ID as partof supporting document and future references.
- The applicant’s standard ID photo is taken and inputed directly into the applicants file.
- The file with the data, unique biometric value, fingerscan and PDF scans are sent as a single file to Phnom Penh to the National Database #Center in the Ministry of Interior.
- The applicant is issued a receipt with the five basic information he had provided as confirmation of its accuracy.
- The applicant confirms they are correct and leaves.
- The applicant picks up his National ID Card in the same place 7 days later.
Ads by Google
- application form for Cambodian National Identity card.
- Identification documents
- Birth certificate
- Standard ID photo
Registering for ID card and voter’s card is free of charge
The national ID or voter’s card is valid for five years.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 7 working days to process
National Election Committee Headquarters,
No 275 PreahNorodom Boulevard,
SangkatTonleBasac, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,
Fax: 023 214 374,
Mobile phone: 012 855 018/012 658 378
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.