Cambodia - Apply for Tourist Visa
A tourist visa is issued to a foreign in a given country for tour and leisure; In Cambodia a tourist visa also known as T visa is issued for the same purposes. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in Cambodia is responsible for issuance of visa to foreigners. A Cambodian tourist visa can be obtained online, through Cambodian embassies / consulate office / high commission in other countries or can be obtained upon arrival in Cambodia.
Visitors who wish to do unpaid tour and leisure activities like visits to relatives and/or friends; attending cultural, technological or scientific conferences, seminars or meetings.
Ads by Google
1.A tourist visa can be obtained through any Cambodian embassy, online or on arrival to the country;
2.Submitted passports must be valid at least six (6) months beyond intended stay and must have a blank visa page;
3.It is easier to obtain your visa through a visa agent;
4.Ensure that all information submitted is correct;
5.Be aware that a tourist visa is valid for one (1) entry;
6.An applicant can only extend a tourist visa once for a period of one (1) month.
7.Applicants must be of good character;
8.Ensure that the visa you are applying for suits the activities you would like to do while in Cambodia;
9.While in the country, an applicant must comply with laws, rules and regulation of the immigration department and of the country as a whole;
10.Do not overstay beyond validity period of visa because it is an offence;
11.A holder of a tourist visa must not engage in any paid / business activities while in the country;
12.Always use designed entry points to enter Cambodia;
13.Be aware of prohibited and restricted imports;
14.Ensure that the funds you have are enough to take you through the period of stay in the country;
15.If you wish to obtain visa on arrival, application forms are availed at the air port or international border crossings.
16.If traveling with children, endeavor to obtain documentary evidence of parental responsibility as it may be requested for.
1.Name and address of tourist
2.Sex, Age and Marital status
3.Nationality / country of origin
4.Purpose of visit
6.Duration of stay in the country
7.Dates of arrival and departure
8.Details of person host / hotel details (where applicant will be staying)
9.Details any people to travel with (if any)
1.Applicant start by finding the nearest Cambodian issuing agency (Cambodian embassy / consulate office / high commission) in home or neighbouring country.
- A list of these authorized agencies can be obtained from http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Cambodia/Cambodia.html or from http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/cambodia
2.Find out from the identified issuing agency what is required to obtain a Cambodian tourist visa;
3.The applicant then prepares required documents. This is make copies of these documents;
4.Obtain application form and complete it accurately and remember to insert date and signature on the form after filling it.
5.Attach copies of required documents on to the application form;
6.Make all necessary payments and also attach payment receipt on to the completed application form; and
7.Submit application to the office identified in 1 above.
- Upon arrival at the entry point (airport or international border crossings), obtain an application form and fill it in. make sure it is dated and signed after completing it;
- Attach a passport photo;
- Make payment and also attach payment slip to the form;
- Submit application to the appointed section at the airport;
- After application has been submitted also submit passport;
- After submission of passport, the applicant will have to wait for a while as it is being worked on;
- After some few minutes, the visa shall be affixed and the applicant is called upon to pick his / her passport.
- When the applicant gets his / her passport, an immigration officer will take a digital photo of the applicant before he / she is leaving the airport;
- Once all is done, an applicant can now enter Cambodia.
- To apply for a Cambodian tourist visa on line, go online to the Cambodian visa official application site,
- http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/ and at the bottom of the page click on the prompt “e-visa Kingdom of Cambodia Apply Now”.
- A click on the prompt shall take you to step one of the application process, the system takes you through the process upon completion of each step.
- Under this step, the applicant must fill in his / her contact information;
- Ensure that the information provided is accurate because it shall be used during proceeding payment and e-Visa certificate generating;
- At the bottom of the page, read and agree to term of conditions;
- When an applicant clicks on the prompt "I agree" his / her information shall be completed and will be led to the next step / page. However if the applicant chooses the prompt "Decline" he / she shall be taken back to the back to homepage.
- Under this step, the applicant is required to fill in his / her application data. This includes full name, Country of birth, Nationality, Date of birth, Passport Information and Entry date to Cambodia);
- The applicant shall also be required to upload his / her photo;
- After filling and uploading photo, the applicant then saves application by clicking on the prompt "Save Application" at the button of the page; and the system will take him / her to the next step / page.
- Under this step, an applicant is required to review / double check the filled in information to find out if it’s right or not;
- If any mistakes are found and need to be corrected, the applicant should at the bottom of page select the prompt "Back" to re-edit;
- If there are no mistakes, the applicant chooses the "Continue" button at the bottom of page to move to the next step / page.
- This is the payment stage. The applicant must Reference Number and Primary Email;
- If possible they can be printed out to keep as reference in case a problem is encounter;
- At the bottom of page, click on the "Continue to proceed payment" button;
- Then the applicant must fill up his / her credit card information.
- This is the application completion stage. When payment has been successfully made, a page shall be display with a status "Approved".
- This indicates that the visa information has been sent to e-Visa office;
- This receipt can be printed for use in future if need arises;
- The e-Visa officers then check information and if approved an e-Visa certificate shall be sent to the applicant through his / her email within 3 working days.
Ads by Google
1.A passport valid for at least six months
2.Recent passport-size photos
3.Invitation letter from family / friend in Burkina Faso
4.Authorization letter from the parent, and a copy of parent`s photo ID (for minors).
5.Certificate of marriage (if traveling with spouse)
6.Proof of sufficient funds (A bank statement)
7.Evidence of hotel reservation(s) (if required)
8.Onward/return tickets or confirmed itinerary
- Requirements for Visa on arrival
- One 4×6 passport photo
- Requirements for applying online
- A recent passport-size photo in digital format (JPEG or PNG format) and a valid credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
- e-visa – US$25
- 30 day tourist visa – US$20
- Visa extension – US$45.
- USA applicants visa fees are as below
- Tourist Regular (7 – 10 days) – US$35
- Tourist Rush (2 – 3 days) – US$65
- Tourist Emergency (1 – 2 days) – US$85
1.Tourist visa – valid up to three (3) months
2.Maximum stay upon entry in the country – one (1) month
3.Renewal – one (1) month
- Sample application form can be downloaded from http://cambodia.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=KH&TravelerTypeID=TO&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA
- A Global Service Order Form can be downloaded from http://cambodia.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=KH&TravelerTypeID=TO&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
1.Tourist visa normal processing – seven (7) to ten (10) days
2.Visa online – three (3) business days
3.Visa on arrival – 20-30 minutes at the airports and international border crossings
1.Cambodian Embassies, High commissions or Consulate office.
A list is available at http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/Cambodia/Cambodia.html or at http://embassy.goabroad.com/embassies-of/cambodia
2.Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
No.3, Samdech Hun Sen Street, Sangkat Tonle Bassac,
Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 214 441, 23 216 122, 23 224 973
Fax: (855) 23 216 144, 216 141
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.The Immigration Department
5 Oknha Mean Street
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.Nationals of Singapore do not require visa to visit Cambodia;
2.Philippine and Malaysian nationals who wish to stay in Cambodia for twenty one (21) to thirty (30) days do not need to obtain tourist visas.
3.Nationals of Sudan, Algeria, Iran, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka cannot obtain Cambodian visas on arrival, therefore should endeavor to get visa before traveling to Cambodia.
1.A tourist visa allows the holder to enter and explore a given country;
2.The country earns revenue;
3.A person can stay in the country as long as the tourist visa is valid;
4.It gives an option for a person to spend his free time;
5.It increases the local market thus increasing sales of providers in the local make;
6.It strengthens relationships between host and foreigner’s home country
More information which might help people.