Cambodia - Apply for Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Both parties to the intended marriage must visit the Khmer and submit a written request for marriage applications to the Khmer .
- The intending couple together with their witnesses appear before the local registry office to take oath of marriage
- Upon approval of the bride and grooms application, the application is then submitted to the Civil Registrar.
- Identification documents
- Application for marriage
- Birth certificate
- Proof of nationality
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of General Administration,
Office of Statistic & Civil Registration
General Department of Local Administration
Ministry of Interior
Address: # 275 Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh
Fax / Phone: (855) 16 822 280
- The bride must be at least 18 years of age.
- The groom must be at least 20 years of age.
- The bride and groom should not be related by blood, marriage or adoption.
It requires $1300 Canadian dollars to complete the marriage registration and acquire a marriage certificate
A marriage certificate is valid immediately after its authenticated by Cambodian authorities until a divorce is sought
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes between 7 and 13 workings days to register a marriage and process a marriage certificate in Cambodia.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Civil and religious weddings are legally recognized weddings performed in Cambodia.
- Weddings must be registered with the Civil Registry Office in order to be recognized.
- Two witnesses over 18 years of age must be present for the ceremony and provide their passports.
- Both parties must stay within the district in Cambodia for 21 days prior to filing a Notice of Intention to Marry.
- You will need to file your Notice of Intention to Marry with the Civil Registry Office at least 10 days prior to the wedding.
- Name of both spouses
- Date and place of birth of both spouses
- Nationality of both spouses
- Name and place of birth of witnesses
Need for the Document
Cambodian Law provided complete right &freedom to marriage for a man & woman having Suitable qualification. Marriage Certificates are issued from the Chief of Commune, from the region in which the wedding ceremony takes place.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.