Bulgaria - Update Permanent Address in Municipality
“Permanent address” and “Present address “are concepts that are often found in Bulgarian laws. They are important for receipt of summons, tax letters, obtaining identity documents, voting during elections, etc. The permanent address is main one and every person may have only one such. It is entered on the identity documents.
Every Bulgarian citizen or legal resident that is over 18 years of age has the right to change his permanent address.
Ads by Google
- The permanent address is in the settlement in which everyone chooses to be entered. He is always on the territory of Bulgaria, unlike the present one may be abroad under certain rules.
- Permanent address is stated with submission of a declaration by the person to the municipal administration or staff of the Ministry of Interior under the Law of Bulgarian identity documents. Declaration shall be made in person, and exceptionally - by an authorized person upon presentation of a notarized power of attorney. For minors and persons under legal disability declarations must be made by their legal representatives.
- Full name
- Old permanent address
- New permanent address
- Personal identification number
- Date and place of birth
- Reason for address change
- If anyone wants or he must change his permanent address, he must submit a special application to the municipality, where a person chooses to be entered in the population registers.
- Go to the municipality / town hall in the selected new city or region.
- Purchase at the site , fill in person and deliver them into the appropriate place(counter):
- Application for execution of the service
- Application for change of permanent address
- Upon request, show and give relevant documents prepared in advance.
- Receive a certificate for permanent address
- When changing the permanent address the amendment shall be announced by the National Database "Population" of the municipality of the previous domicile to the municipality in which the current address is and to the Ministry of Interior through ESGRAON.
- After the change of permanent address in the municipality or mayoralty, the concerned citizen should change his identity card by application to the passport office of the Ministry of Interior.
- The identity card must be changed within a month of submission of the application for a change of permanent address.
You cannot change your permanent address online for now but some municipalities like the capital Sofia already have plans for performing this service through their website.
Ads by Google
- Application form
- Identity document
- Birth certificate
- Document for ownership of property or contract for use of the property for residential purposes
- Declaration with notarized signatures of the owners of the property. Notary certification is not required if the declaration is submitted personally by the owner of the property.
- A small fee around 2 levs shall be paid for the application of change of permanent address.
- Change of identity card after the change of permanent address-10 lvs
The change of permanent address is valid forever unless is changed again.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The change of permanent address should be done right away in the municipality/township hall.
A list of all municipalities in Bulgaria, where the change of permanent address takes place, with their addresses and contact information can be found in the link below:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- In case you don’t change your identity card and driver license within 30 days of change of permanent address you will be fined.
- Permanent address may be the same as current address
According the Bulgarian law the Permanent address of citizens serves for:
- Address for correspondence and address used by court of law
- receipt of social security benefits and other help
- providing of free medical care
- executing of voting rights
How the permanent address is changed:
How to change my address: http://pravatami.bg/952
More information which might help people.