Bulgaria - Register as Translator
Registered translator means a translator approved by the Consular Department of the Foreign Ministry for official translations with a particular agency.
In the list of translators can be included only persons who are Bulgarian citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in the Republic of Bulgaria and have “excellent” knowledge in the appropriate foreign language.
Ads by Google
The list of translators is in the form of a table that contains a serial number, full name of the translator, his PIN, working languages and signature of the translator.
- Full name
- Personal identification number
- Languages spoken
- Serial number of the document for language education and / or training
Ministry of Foreign Affairs has prepared an internal legal document, which is called Rules for legalization and certification of documents. In it are regulated general rules based on which the contract with a legal entity for official translations is signed.Each translation agency under contract with the MFA for official translation and legalization must submit under its own name the following documents:
- list of names, personal identification numbers and specimen signatures of the translators;
- affidavit of each translator in which the name of the agency is included
- notarized copies of translators diplomas for language competency
The complete set of these documents, punched and placed in folder must be submitted by the applicant (or authorized person) in the auditorium of MFA.
After verification by the receiving official and in full compliance of the set of documents in the list, the importer receives a number. Following is a procedure for approval of proposed by the agency translators from the Consular Department of the MFA. Once approved by the competent authorities, interpreters are allowed to perform official translations for the agency that submitted the documents. The registered translators give an oath that they will not distribute investigation secret and will not give deliberately wrong translations.
Ads by Google
- diploma of higher education in specialties for which a state exam in a foreign language is held with a score not less than 4.5
- diploma of higher education in the language with overall score not less than 4.5
- university degree with the appropriate language as a second subject of study
- diploma from a language school in Bulgaria or school in another country, with which language the translator applies with overall score not less than 4.5
- an internationally recognized level of proficiency as follows:
- English-ESU 6,7, 8 & 9; Pitman – Higher Intermediate & Advanced; IELTS – 6,7,8 & 9] UCLES – CAE & CPE; UCLES RSA (CCSE) 3 & 4; Oxford-Higher & Diploma; ARELS-Higher; Trinity 10,11 & 12; LCCI SEFIC-Intermediate & Advanced
- French-DELF/ last level / issued by the French cultural institutes abroad
- Spanish-DELE SUPERIOR
- German—ZMP-issued by the Goethe Institute
The application for signing a contract for translations with Ministry of Foreign Affairs must be laminated with revenue stamps worth five (5) lev;
There is no time limit for a person to be included in the list of translators.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Within 30 days of submitting the documents they shall be reviewed and processed and a date for conclusion of contracts is set.
The Address of department "Certification and legalization" Directorate "Consular Relations" where
the required documents must be submitted is:
"Alfret Nobel"str. No 2
tel. +359 2 807 64 26; +359 2 807 64 14
Visiting hours are every working day from 9.30 am to 12.00 am and from 14.00 to 16.00.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
For any translator listed are also attached:
- Original statement of the translator for his responsibility under the Penal Code for the accuracy of the translations with notarized signature. The statement must contain data of the person, address, type and serial number of the document for language education and / or training, the name of the company for which he works.
- Copy of the complete language education and / or the type and degree of acquired language skills for each language listed as working from the particular translator.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.