Bulgaria - Register as Doctor in Bulgarian Medical Association
Bulgarian Medical Association (BMA) is a professional organization of physicians. Bulgarian Medical Association is the successor of the created in 1901 Bulgarian Medical Association and is a follower of its objectives, traditions and activities. BMA is a legal entity with headquarters in Sofia.
All doctors practising in the Republic of Bulgaria are members of the Bulgarian Medical Association. Membership of physicians, who are not practicing and those temporarily residing abroad, is voluntary.
Ads by Google
BMA membership occurs with the entry in the register of the regional college of BMA.
The register of Bulgarian Medical Association shall contain the following circumstances:
- full name and personal identification number, place of birth and citizenship;
- address and work location;
- higher medical education - the number and date of the diploma;
- specialty - number and date of the diploma;
- academic degree, academic rank - number and date of diploma, respectively protocol;
- penalties imposed under Medical Act;
- other circumstances
- Entry shall be made upon application by the physician at the relevant regional college of BMA.
- The application shall state the name, PIN / Foreign Citizen ID number, place of birth, nationality of the person and the address of residence and work.
- Doctors who are nationals of country - member of the European Union, other countries of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, shall attached to the application for registration a certificate of recognition of professional qualifications in the medical profession, as well as a certificate of recognition of specialization, if any, issued by the Minister of Health under the Act for the recognition of professional qualifications.
- The Governing Council of Regional College of BMA verifies the existence of the requirements of the Health Act and all other statutory requirements for entry of the doctor in the register of the BMA.
- The governing board of the district medical association issues a certificate for the entry.
- Refusal of registration in regional college of BMA can be made in cases specified by the law. Refusal of entry in the register may be appealed within 7 days of receipt of the notice to the Board of BMA, which then makes a decision within one month.
Ads by Google
- Application form;
- diploma of higher education;
- diploma for specialty or degree in Science degree - if any;
- proof of employment and experience of the person;
- for foreigners –long- term residence permit for the country and if they are nationals of non- EU Member State and work permit for the country;
- certificate of conviction;
- for foreigners - certificate from the relevant professional body that they are not disempowered to practice;
Registration in the regional BMA and in the national register is free.
Registration in Bulgarian Medical Association is valid forever unless the member is deleted in the following cases:
- upon death or total or partial guardianship;
- deprivation of the right to exercise the medical profession within the meaning of applicable law;
- upon the doctor’s request with one month written notice to the Regional College;
- for non-payment of member’s fee for a period longer than six months;
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The Register of BMA is updated periodically - 4 times a year –in March, June, September, December on the official website of the organization, the site also indicates the last update.
The websites of the district offices of BMA with their locations and contact info, and where the registration of doctors is done can be found in the link below:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Persons registered with any district office, are required to state in the relevant office of BMA to enter a change of circumstances contained in the register within two weeks after their occurrence.
- The National Register of BMA does not collect, process and store data related to the social, cultural, economic, political, psychological, mental, genetic and physiological identity of the members of the organization.
With the register of BMA you have the option to check the regularity of BMA membership of a certain doctor and to see the list of doctors in any regional office of BMA.
Regulation on the organization and operation of the National Register of BMA:
STATUTE OF BMA:
Register of BMA:
More information which might help people.