Bulgaria - Recover your Health Insurance Rights
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
People can check the amount of health insurance contributions due and the interest gained:
- Through the website of the National Revenue Agency (NRA) through the electronic service of the NRA "Health insurance calculator".
- They can also go in person at NRA branch and get the information.
- Over the phone by calling 0700 18 700 - Information Centre of the NRA
There are three options for you to pay your health insurance contributions that are due:
- bank transfer-contributions to National Health Insurance Fund according to the Health Insurance Act shall be paid into the bank account of the competent territorial directorate of the National Revenue Agency
- money order with the Bulgarian Post Office-you need to fill out transfer order(forms are available at the post office branches)
- internet through the online services of National Revenue agency for paying of taxes and social security contributions over the Internet
Once the amount due is paid the health insurance rights are recovered.
You can pay your outstanding health insurance contributions and recover your health insurance rights online through the National Revenue Agency website.
- Identity document
- Receipt for payment of the health insurance contributions that are due
Office Locations & Contacts
Online services of NRA:
Bulgarian Post Office addresses and contact information: http://www.bgpost.bg/?cid=191
Contact info of all banks in Bulgaria: http://bgbanki.zazz.info/
- All Bulgarian citizens who are not citizens of another country.
- Bulgarian citizens who are nationals of another country and live permanently in the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Foreign nationals who have been granted long-term or permanent residence in the Republic of Bulgaria
- Persons with refugee status, humanitarian status or granted asylum
- Foreign students and graduate students enrolled for education in universities and scientific organizations in the country
Banks will charge 2.50lv for the transfer, the post office will also charge small amount and it is free in case you do it online.
The recovered health insurance rights are valid forever unless the monthly health insurance contributions are stopped being paid for three months.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
After the National Revenue Agency receives the outstanding balance of your health insurance contributions, your health insurance rights are recovered in full.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Restoration of health rights happens when the individual pays all the all health insurance contributions for the past 36 months-the rights are recovered from the date of payment of the contributions.
- Full name
- Amount due
- Personal identification number
Need for the Document
Health insurance rights of citizens covered at their own expense, freelancers and / or registered craftsmen, sole proprietors, owners or partners in companies and individuals - members of unincorporated associations; registered farmers or tobacco growers; seafarers; are interrupted unless are paid more than three monthly health insurance contributions for a period of 36 months.
Information which might help
- Contributions for health insurance for those who cover them at their own expense are due by the 25th of each month.
- Outstanding health insurance contributions are paid into the dimensions of the periods for which they are due.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The health insurance rights can be used only for medical purposes-doctors visits, hospital treatments, medical prescriptions etc.
How to recover my health insurance rights:
Health insurance - questions and answers about health insurance contributions: http://proverka.eu/blog/tag/%D0%B2%D1%8A%D0%B7%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8F%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%B7%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B0/
More information which might help people.