Bulgaria - Obtain an Identity Card
The new Bulgarian identity cards were introduced in 1999. They follow the general pattern in the EU and to replace the old Soviet-style "internal passports", also known as "green passport". From 1 January 2007, Bulgarian ID card can be used for traveling within the European Union. On Identity card are displayed:
- the names of the holder
- date of birth (or age) of the holder,
- date of issue of the card
- date of expiry of the card
Every Bulgarian citizen who lives in the country, is required within 30 days after completion of 14 years of age to apply for an identity card.
Ads by Google
An application for an identity card shall be submitted in person. The identity card shall be received personally, and except when the application was submitted in person - by an authorized person upon presentation of a notarized power of attorney or by a person whose data are given by the applicant to the official in the application on filing.
Upon application persons should submit supporting documents and civil status, confirming the data in it.
An application form for a Bulgarian identity document - ID card shall be submitted to the Regional Police Commander (RPD) or the relevant regional directorate "Police" (OD "P") of residence or Main Directorate "Combating crime, public order and prevention "National Service" Police "- MIA. Bulgarian citizens living abroad, apply for identity card issuance in diplomatic or consular mission of the Republic of Bulgaria, which forwards it through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to DG "PPOORP" - NS "P" - MIA. Identity card shall be issued within 30 days from the date of acceptance of the application.
First a state fee must be paid (For the issuance of the first identity card of a person 14 to 16 years old there is no state tax. Also there is no fee for the issuance of the ID card of a person aged 70 years or older)
Then an application form must be submitted in person. The application shall be signed personally in front of an official. In a case of a person who is a minor or under guardianship - then filing is done in the presence of a parent, guardian or custodian.
You can also apply online for an identity card. To submit an application in this way, there are certain requirements:
- Till this moment a personal document has been issued on an application submitted in person within 59 months before the date of application for a new document;
- To have a valid certificate for qualified electronic signature;
- The necessary biometric data has been taken.
The application is signed with your electronic signature. Identity documents shall be received in person.
Ads by Google
- Identity document - to be presented at the counter of the Passport Office
- A request form- print
- In the Bank pay “stamp duty” under Tariff 4 - MI
- Checkout the application is submitted and the fee paid
- Perform shooting and capture of biometric data
- One application may be requested simultaneously issue an identity card and passport. In this case they must have paid the relevant fees for each document for the same type of service / ordinary, fast or express
- Personal identity document shall be received personally by the applicant and exceptionally - by an authorized person upon presentation of a notarized power of attorney and:
- Completing the appropriate section for receiving the application;
- Return to the previous identification of the same type, if any
Fees for the new Bulgarian identity documents under Tariff № 4 for the fees collected by the Ministry of Interior in the State Fees Act
Identity card - Normal service 30 days/ Fast service within 3 working days/Express up to 8hrs.
Issuance of first identity card for persons 14 to 16 years - Free of Charge
Next issue of the ID card of persons between 14 and 16 : 13lv , 26lv, 65lv - and for each card of persons between 16 and 18
Issuing identity card to persons of 18 and 58 years old : 18lv, 36lv, 90lv
Issuing identity cards to persons 58 to 70 years old : 11lv, 22lv, 55lv
Issuing identity cards to persons over 70 years old : Free of Charge
Issuing identity cards to persons with permanent disability or the type and degree of disability 50 and over 50 percent : 2lv, 4lv, 10lv
For persons 14 to 18 years old validity is 4 years, for persons 18 to 58 years of age-10 years. For adults over 58 years old identity cards are issued with no time limits.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Identity card shall be issued within 30 days from the date of acceptance of the application.
You can find a link with the regional offices and contact information of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry below: https://www.mvr.bg/contactus.htm
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- By "Bulgarian Posts" you can pay the fees for the issuance of the new identity documents.
- If the issuing of new identification document is accompanied by a change of name, sex change, change of nationality, for substantial permanent changes to the image of your face, it is not possible to submit application for issuance of this document electronically, you can do this in person only.
Identity card can be used for opening a bank account, leasing a property, to register a company etc.
More information which might help people.