Bulgaria - Obtain a Seaman Passport
When cross borders the Bulgarian seafarers identify themselves with the seaman's passport and relevant documents confirming their employment on a ship. Seaman's passports have a blue cover, an image of the State Emblem and inscription in Bulgarian and English "Seaman's passport."
Seaman's passports are issued to seafarers. "Sea persons" are individuals who perform duties on a ship or are in the crew list on some other grounds. "Sea persons" are also individuals that perform duties ashore related to navigation and control of vessels. Seaman's passports are issued and to Bulgarian citizens, owners of vessels for sports and entertainment, who will perform an international voyage.
Ads by Google
Seaman's passport is issued by the Executive Agency "Maritime Administration", as the specific actions for implementation of the service are performed by employees in the department "Qualification and Registration of seafarers'’ in directorates "Maritime Administration" in Burgas, Varna, Ruse and Lom.
- first, middle and last name
- date and place of birth;
- special features
- identification number of the seafarer
- expiration date
- date and place of issuing
Seaman's passport is issued on the basis of submitted application. An officer from the unit "Qualification and Registration of seafarers'’ at the regional directorates "Maritime Administration":
- verifies that the application is properly filled;
- verifies the existence, relevance and validity of the required for the issuance of seaman’s passport documents;
- When the application is properly complete , the employee shall request the applicant to affix his signature with black ink;
- The application shall be filed in the register of applications for seaman’s passports and the officer issues a receipt where is written the register number, the date of acceptance of the application, the name of the applicant and the date for receiving;
- The officer hands over personally the seaman's passport to the applicant after the latter submits a document for paid state fee;
Ads by Google
- identity card
- recent photo
- invalid (expired) sailor's passport if any
- original and photocopy of diploma
- original and photocopy of license if the person has such
- document for paid fee
- written request for a sailor's passport((by the ship-owner, manning agent or Head of school) or contract of employment , respectively letter of employment(when the contract will be signed on the ship in a foreign port)
- normal service-40lv
- fast service-80lv
Plus a mandatory state fee-20lv
Sailor's passport is valid for five years from the date of issuance and can be renewed after.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Depending on the service type-normal or fast the deadlines for its implementation are:
- normal-up to 30 days
- fast-up to 3 working days
Below there is a link with the contact information of Directorate "Maritime Administration": http://www.marad.bg/page.php?category=29&id=7&page=2
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Where the applicant for seaman’s passport is under 18 years old, the application shall be signed by the parents or guardian.
- The written denial for issuing a seaman's passport is handed to the applicant who certifies its receipt with his signature.
The Seaman’s passport can be used as an identity document in many cases.
More information which might help people.