Bulgaria - Obtain a Seaman Book
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Documents must be filed in the relevant Department "Maritime Administration" where the person is registered or in the front office of the Executive Agency "Maritime Administration" in Sofia.
- Upon submission of the documents that person must present original documents for verification with the photocopies.
- Application for issuance of seaman book
- Photocopy of diploma (in first registration and in change the type of education)
- Photocopy of certificates for additional and special training
- Expired seaman book( if any)
- 2 photos - 33?40mm
- Photocopy of medical certificate
- Document for paid fee
Office Locations & Contacts
The address and contact information of Executive Agency Maritime Administration-Sofia can be found in the link below:
"Maritime Administration" Varna:
"Maritime Administration" Burgas:
"Maritime Administration" Ruse:
"Maritime Administration" Lom:
You need to pass a basic safety course in order to be eligible to obtain a seaman book.
- ordinary service- 10 levs
- express service-30 levs
The price of the seaman book is 15 levs itself.
The seamans book has no expiration date.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- ordinary service-up to 3 days
- express service-up to 8 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Competent department: Qualification and registration of seafarers in Directorates "Maritime Administration" - Burgas, Varna, Lom, Ruse and section "Seafarers" in Directorate "Inspection Activity" - Sofia.
- Basis: International Convention for national certificates of seafarers' identity
- Full name as written on identity card
- Place of birth
- Personal identification number
- Permanent address
- Phone number
- Serial number of seaman passport
- Date of submission of application
Need for the Document
A Seaman's Book is a record of a seaman's career certifications and experiences. Seaman's book serves to account for seagoing service of seafarers. It does not take place of a passport or a visa.
Information which might help
Express service for the issuance of seaman's book is executed only if the application is submitted in the front office of the Executive Agency "Maritime Administration", Sofia.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
With a seaman book you can work on ships around the world.
More information which might help people.