Bulgaria - Obtain a Parking Card for People with Disabilities
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
In order to obtain a card for parking places designated for vehicles serving people with disabilities, persons with disabilities shall file an application to the mayor of municipality at their permanent address. For children with a certain type / level of disability, the application must be submitted by their legal representative.
- Application to the major of municipality at their permanent address
- ID card of the person requesting the card as the data from it shall be reconciled and then returned;
- A copy of the decision of the TEMC , NEMC or CEMC for certification of permanently reduced working capacity or the type and degree of disability accompanied by the original which is checked upon submission of documents and then returned.
- Recent color photograph-size 3x4 cm.
- A copy of the notarized power of attorney when the application is not filed by the person with disabilities
Office Locations & Contacts
Contact information of Territorial Expert Medical Commission (TEMC) and National Expert Medical Commission (NEMC) can be found in the link below:
The contact information and addresses of all municipalities in Bulgaria where the application for Parking Card for People with Disabilities must be submitted can be found in the link below: http://www.namrb.org/?id=33
Parking cards for people with disability are issued to persons with permanent disability or the type and degree of disability meeting the following conditions:
- Persons who because of disability, cannot move without the use of a wheelchair, orthopedic devices, external prostheses, crutches or foreign aid. The percentage of permanent disability of these people should be over 50%.
- Persons with complete bilateral blindness, as well as people with a certain percentage of permanent disability due to visual disorders.
The service is free.
The card validity depends on the expert decision of TEMC, NEMC or CEMC.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Cards are issued within 1 month from the date of the request.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Permanently reduced working capacity or the type and degree of disability of persons shall be certified by a decision of Territorial Expert Medical Commission (TEMC), National Expert Medical Commission (NEMC) or Children expert medical committees (CEMC).
Parking Card for People with Disabilities contains the following information:
- Names and a recent photo of the entitled cardholder
- Date of issuance of the card
- Expiration date of the card
- The card number
- Signature of the person with disabilities
- Security mark
Need for the Document
Disabled Person's Parking Permits or Cards are available to people living in Bulgaria with certain disabilities and those who are registered blind, whether they are drivers or passengers. The parking card can be used by a disabled person in any vehicle in which he or she is travelling. This means that a disabled person who is being driven at different times by different people can bring the parking card with himself or herself and display it in the appropriate vehicle.
Information which might help
- The parking card of vehicle serving people with disability is valid nationwide no matter what municipality issued it.
- The signs in parking spaces reserved for persons with disabilities on roadway and parking lots shall bear a wheelchair.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
There are no other uses of the parking card for people with disabilities except for parking convenience.
More information which might help people.