Bulgaria - Obtain Permission to Trade Tobacco Products
Permission to trade in tobacco products is administrative service that provides the right to a person-trader to trade in tobacco products in compliance with the requirements specified in the law.
The right to trade in tobacco products is a person who:
- is a merchant within the meaning of the Commercial Code
- is not in bankruptcy or liquidation;
- is represented by persons who:
- have not been convicted of a criminal offense;
- were not members of managing or supervisory body or a general partner in a company dissolved due to bankruptcy and had unsatisfied creditors;
- has no liquid and public obligations levied by the customs authorities, tax liabilities and compulsory social security contributions liabilities
- has not committed serious or repeated violation of this law with the exception of cases where the administrative proceedings ended with an agreement;
- has own or rented premises to carry out the activity;
- did not trade in tobacco products without a permit in the past 24 months
- had no revoked permission for sale of tobacco products over the past 36 months
Ads by Google
Competent authority for authorization to trade in tobacco products is the chief of customs at the location of the commercial warehouse or facility.
- Full name
- Personal identification number/BULSTAD number
- Email, phone number ,website, fax number
- Contact person-position
- Address of commercial warehouse /store
- For authorization to trade in tobacco products must be submitted a written application to the head of customs at the location of the commercial warehouse or facility or at the nearest custom office. The application shall be accompanied by the required documents.
- Upon completion of inspection and when the conditions for authorization of sale of tobacco products are met and the documents submitted meet the requirements, the head of customs at the location of the commercial warehouse or facility shall decide on the application within one month from the date of receipt.
- When the documents do not meet the requirements or the information is not enough:
- The chief of customs at the location of the commercial warehouse or facility within 14 days of receipt of the application, notifies the person making the request, and asks the person to remove irregularities or to provide additional information within 14 days.
- During the period set up to remove irregularities or to provide additional information applicant must remove inconsistencies or submit additional required information, and if he fails to do so the Head of the customs refuses to issue a permit.
- Within one month after removal of inconsistencies or the provision of additional information requested the Head of the customs processes the application and attached documents and issues a decision.
- In the above deadline the Head of the customs issues permission to trade in tobacco products in duplicate-for the Customs that issued the permit, and for the person to whom the permit is issued or is reasonably refused permission.
- Failure to announce a decision shall be considered a refusal of permission.
- Refusal of permission for trade in tobacco products is subject to appeal under the Administrative Code.
- To notify in writing the head of the customs office of any change of circumstances under which the permission for sale of tobacco products was issued within 14 days of its occurrence;
- to ensure free access to the customs authorities for control;
An application for a permit for the sale of tobacco products may be filed electronically on the Customs website
Ads by Google
- a written application
- certificate of good standing- original or notarized copy in those cases when the person is not re-registered under the Commercial Register;
- certified by the person a copy of the document certifying the unique identification code of the person
- declaration that the person is not in bankruptcy or liquidation;
- for persons who will represent licensed warehouse:
- certificate of conviction, and if people are not Bulgarian citizens - a declaration;
- declaration that persons were not members of managing or supervisory body or a general partner in a company dissolved due to bankruptcy and left unsatisfied creditors
- certificate for the presence or absence of tax liabilities and required contributions;
- address and type of facility;
- proof of ownership or lease of commercial premises or warehouse facility;
- copy of the authorization for placing into operation of the premises or other proof of intended use, issued by the competent authority;
- registration certificate of a fiscal device;
- declaration that the person was not trading in tobacco products without a permit in the past 24 months;
- declaration that the person had not withdrawn permission to trade in tobacco products over the past 36 months
- copies of contracts for the supply of tobacco products or supplier list
- copy of the permit issued for the sale of tobacco products, if any
For the service in question fees are not collected.
The permission has no expiration date.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The decision for issuance a permit to trade in tobacco products shall be within one month from the date of receipt of the application.
You can find the addresses and phone numbers of all Customs offices in Bulgaria in the link below:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Sale, storage and supply of tobacco products can be made in commercial warehouses and facilities - specialty shops for tobacco products shops selling non-food items, shops selling wines and spirits, petrol stations, kiosks, restaurants, pubs and bars.
- With one application may be requested authorization of more than one commercial warehouse or establishment within the territory of a customs.
- For every commercial warehouse or store is issued a separate permit.
There are no other uses of the document.
Issuance of permission to trade in tobacco products:
Application for permission to trade in tobacco products:
Required documents for issuance of a permit for the sale of tobacco products:
More information which might help people.