Bulgaria - Obtain Emergency Travel Document
This procedure provides information on how Bulgarian citizens can apply for a European Emergency Travel Document.
The European Emergency Travel Document can be issued only if all the conditions below are met:
- the holder must be a Bulgarian citizen whose passport or travel document has been lost, got stolen or destroyed or is temporarily absent,
- he/she is in a country where the Republic of Bulgaria has no available diplomatic or consular representation which can issue a travel document or where the Republic of Bulgaria is not otherwise represented, and
- a permit has been given by the competent authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Ads by Google
European Emergency Travel Document
The diplomatic and consular representations of the EU member states can issue an Emergency Travel Document to Bulgarian citizens who have lost or had their documents stolen when in the country of their temporary or permanent residence there is no Bulgarian or diplomatic representation.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- A European Emergency Travel Document may be obtained from a diplomatic and consular representation of an EU member state.
- You will need to submit a completed application and documents which can prove your identity and citizenship.
- Pay the processing fee. Every EU member state sets the fee it collects for issuing an emergency travel document.
Ads by Google
- Completed application
- Proof of identity and citizenship
Every EU member state sets the fee it collects for issuing an emergency travel document.
The validity term of the European Emergency Travel Document is determined on the basis of the minimum term necessary for the travel to be completed along the shortest route and the shortest period possible.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria
Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
2 Aleksandar Zhendov Str.,
Tel.: +359 2 948 2999
Ministry's Reception Desk
Tel.: +359 2 948 2018
+359 2 971 10 54
Working days: Monday to Friday
from 9.30 to 12.00 h and from 14.00 to 16.00 h
112 - Emergency telephone number in the EU
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.