Bulgaria - Obtain Certificate of Origin
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The application form and attached documents from the list shall be submitted to the host for administrative services to citizens in State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad. It is needed each applicant to appoint a date on which he will appear and receive confirmation (query is done on the internet site of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad). State Agency for Bulgarians abroad has the right to collect data for clarification and ask questions of the competent authorities relating to this application. President of SABA issues or refuses to issue a certificate of Bulgarian origin. The refusal shall be motivated.
The certificate is received in Bulgaria State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad:
- By another person if he has power of attorney
- Application form received through online enrollment
- Copy of birth certificate(the original is presented for verification)
- Copy of passport-pages with the persons data, the Bulgarian visa and border control stamps from the last entry into the Republic of Bulgaria
- Notarized declaration of Bulgarian national consciousness
Office Locations & Contacts
Tel : +359 2 935 06 70
Every person of Bulgarian origin shall have the right to request verification of Bulgarian origin as appropriate. In order to obtain a certificate of Bulgarian origin, the applicant must meet the requirements for Bulgarians living outside the Republic of Bulgaria under the law for Bulgarians living outside the Republic of Bulgaria. Bulgarians living outside the Republic of Bulgaria, of the meaning of the law is a person who:
- has at least one ascending from Bulgarian origin;
- has a Bulgarian national consciousness;
- resides continuously or permanently in another country
Costs of issuance of the certificate of Bulgarian origin, and sending it to the recipient shall be borne by the budget of SABA.
The certificate of Bulgarian origin is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- For a certificate of Bulgarian origin - 30 calendar days
- For a certificate of Bulgarian origin of students 15 calendar days
- For issuance of a duplicate of certificate of Bulgarian origin - 30 calendar days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Documents for the issuance of a certificate of Bulgarian origin shall be submitted in person.
- Applications for certificate of Bulgarian origin may be submitted to the diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Bulgaria abroad.
- Diplomatic and consular representations submit to the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad applications for a certificate of Bulgarian origin with a reasoned opinion.
In addition to the application can be applied documents containing evidence of Bulgarian origin of the person:
- Documents issued by Bulgarian or foreign governmental authority
- Documents issued by the structures of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, containing data on the nationality of the person
- Judgment of a court of law that established Bulgarian origin
- Decision of a foreign court, recognized by the established order
- Document certifying the Bulgarian origin of the person issued by an organization of Bulgarians living outside the Republic of Bulgaria
Need for the Document
Certificate of Bulgarian origin shall be issued to persons of Bulgarian origin wishing to apply for citizenship to obtain a residence permit under favourable terms and conditions, and to study in Bulgarian secondary and higher educational institutions under the Law for the Bulgarians living outside the Republic of Bulgaria.
Information which might help
- In Bulgaria Embassy in Pristina you need 2 copies of all documents. 15 euros for a notarized declaration shall be paid.
- The order with which is issued or is motivated to refuse to issue a certificate of Bulgarian origin is subject to appeal by the interested parties and protest by the prosecutor before the Administrative Court - Sofia
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Certificate of Bulgarian origin shall be issued to persons of Bulgarian origin wishing to apply for citizenship
More information which might help people.