Bulgaria - File for Divorce in a Civil Action
Divorce is called the official completion of the marriage. In Bulgaria, according to the Family Code, a divorce may be granted at the request of one or both spouses. Divorce is granted by the appropriate district court. This is done by depositing a marriage application to the appropriate district court of residence of the other spouse.
Each spouse may seek divorce when he says marriage is deeply and irreparably disrupted and the other spouse does not agree to end the marriage amicably. Minor or limited judicial spouse can alone sue for divorce and to be a defendant in an action for divorce.
Ads by Google
- The spouse who wants dissolution of marriage files a written request to the district court, stating his/her name, address and ID number and the name and address of the defendant.
- The application shall state fully the facts of life of the spouses which have caused deep and irretrievable breakdown of marriage.
- If the list is not exhaustive and there are reasons that are not listed, but have occurred until the conclusion of the hearing and have become known to the spouse, they cannot justify the bringing of an action for divorce in the event that the court dismiss divorce.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
In the Bulgarian legislation there are two ways of divorce:
- a civil action
When there is a divorce in a civil action it is the district court duty to hear the appeal. The court is obliged to rule:
- who is to blame for the breakdown of the marriage
- on custody of the children
- the personal relationships and child support
- property relations between spouses
- the use of the family home
- The support between the spouses
- The last name of the spouse
Reason for judgment allowing divorce in a civil action is the presence of deep and irretrievable breakdown of marriage. Such reason can be:
- Very long separation
- drunkenness and abuse of any drugs
- physical and psychological harassment
- Neglect of family
Ads by Google
- Application form
- The application form
- Certificate of marriage,
- Birth certificates of children,
- The income of the spouses
- Other evidence in support of the claims in the application
- Receipt for payment of a state fee of 25 lv.
Divorce is related to the costs of the parties. Upon filing of the application shall be paid by the claimant state fee of 25 BGN with the receipt attached to the application. We also need to know that the minimum fee for a divorce due to disorder in marriage is 500 BGN. This means that in a market economy, any lawyer formed their own price on that basis. In deciding the case - fee to 50lv, but not less than 20lv. Depending on the sentence the court shall determine and maintenance costs of 2% over the three-year collect.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
During the development process there are no time limits - depending on the collection and admission of written evidence and witnesses, the workload of the court / it takes between 3 and 6 months, but may well over 6 months /. In any case, spouses should be aware that their presence at the first hearing is mandatory - Article 321 para 1 CPC, although they are authorized legal representatives / lawyers / to represent them. This is necessary to be able personally to the court to confirm his opinion on the desire to divorce court. If the claimant fails to appear without good cause, the court held that he was disinterested in the proceedings and terminated.
Judgment, which is expected to grant a divorce shall be made within a month after the last hearing of the case. Often, however, because the Court's workload, decisions are delayed beyond this period.
Information on all county and district courts in Bulgaria can be found here:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If the parties agree to mediation or other means of dispute settlement proceedings shall be suspended. Either party may request the reopening of the proceedings within six months. If such application is not made within six months, the case is terminated.
A divorce is often needed for settlement of financial relations of married couples.
More information which might help people.