Bulgaria - Apply for Recognition of Certificate from Foreign Schools
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The recognition is carried out by an expert commission to every Regional Inspectorate of Education (RIE).The commission consists of seven members and is determined with an ordinance by Minister of Education and Science. The Expert Committee provides expert evaluation of the submitted documents and decides on the recognition or non-recognition, taking into account the required information.
The Commission shall meet at least once a month and decide by a simple majority. Committee meetings and decisions are recorded in protocol. In the absence of the President of Committee meeting is chaired by the Deputy Chairman of the Commission who signs the protocol. In case of recognition a certificate which shall be signed by the Chairman of the commission is issued. Recognition shall be denied if:
- submitted documents do not comply
- the commission identifies significant differences between the data of the documents and established criteria in terms of need to pass exams in at least half of the subjects under current recognition curriculum of Bulgarian school;
- documents are issued by a school in another country, which is not recognized by competent governmental authority of the country for part of its secular school education;
The denial is motivated. The Commission shall inform the person concerned of the reasons for the refusal in writing.
- identity document
- application form;
- document for school education and vocational training;
- reference to the subjects taught in the classes and their scores if they are not listed in the document of school education;
- document that specifies what rights are granted for further education in case this is not specified in the document of school education and vocational training;
- Bulgarian translation of the documents by a licensed translator
- Document for last completed grade in a Bulgarian school (if available) before the education in school of a foreign country;
- document for paid state fee;
Office Locations & Contacts
You can find a list of the Regional Education Inspectorates in Bulgaria with their contact information in the link below:
Every citizen who has acquired a school education and/or vocational training in a foreign school is entitled to receive his level of education recognized in the Republic of Bulgaria in accordance with national legislation.
- 10 levs - document certifying completed abroad term and class
- 25 levs - document for a degree of school education / primary and secondary / vocational training and professional qualification
The document is valid only in Republic of Bulgaria and has no expiration date.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Commission rules on each case of recognition within one month of the date of submission of documents.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Recognition of certificate from foreign school is a formal written confirmation in compliance of the completed stages of schooling or levels of education and vocational training in a school of a foreign country to those in the public education system in the Republic of Bulgaria. The recognition is performed in order to:
- access to education in the school education system;
- access to training in higher education;
- facilitate access to the labor market;
- The duration of training;
- the type of school
- subjects taught and the total workload in each of them;
- learning outcomes;
- rights conferred by the document in the country where it is issued;
- age of the student upon completion of the relevant class and the differences between the foreign and Bulgarian education system on the starting age for beginning a school training
Need for the Document
Completed education and training in a school of a foreign country is certified by a document issued by the school established by a legal order in the country in which the document has been issued, and is part of the secular education system of the country.
Information which might help
Persons who, because of natural disasters, major accidents or war activities on the territory of the State in which they are trained, or other reason not fault of their own, cannot provide documents for completed stages of trained levels of education and professional qualifications may request establishing these facts under the Civil Procedure Code.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Recognition of Certificate from Foreign Schools can be used and when a person applies for obtaining Bulgarian drivers license.
More information which might help people.