Bulgaria - Apply for Categorization of Accommodation Rooms, Apartments and Houses
Categories of the tourist sites in Bulgaria are determined on the basis of compliance with minimum requirements for construction, furniture, equipment, service offered and professional and language skills of staff.
All tourist sites must be categorized regardless of the form of ownership and the way of managing them. Each one shall meet some criteria in order to be categorized:
- House-low-rise building which has maximum 10 rooms for accommodation. Guests enjoy common areas such as living room, kitchen, dining room or a dining and recreation in the yard. The service is carried out by hosts of the house.
- To be provided free access to guest rooms.
- To be heated during the cold season
- To be ensured safety, security and tranquility of guests staying in the house.
- Well maintained entrance area- lighting, doorbell (a signaling device) and regularly cleaning the surrounding area
- To be provide space for parking near the house
- Bed linen and towels are changed every 4 days, and before arrival of new tourists, pollution and at the request of the guest.
- Garbage bins are far from the entrance of the house and premises "two stars" used by guests.
- Rooms and apartments-up to 5 rooms - alone or in apartments in one building provided to tourists for spending the night.
- near the entrance sign for the category must be placed
- In general entrance to be displayed additional services and tourist information
- Prominently placed in the room price list of services offered
- All appliances and equipment to be maintained in good technical condition.
- Rooms must be numbered and each room must have a key
- To be ensured safety, security and peace of tourists.
- To be complied with hygiene requirements.
- The building to be plastered externally and with well maintained facade.
- Shared bathroom - for a maximum of 6 people(one star),4 people(two stars)and 2 people(three stars)
- Rooms located on the fourth or higher floor require the presence of the elevator
Ads by Google
Accommodation rooms, house and apartments are categorized into the following categories:
- "one star"
- "two stars"
- "three stars"
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- An application for categorization shall be submitted to the major of the municipality where the accommodation facility is located.
- An Expert Committee on categorization of tourist sites examines the application within 14 days of its receipt and after determination that the presented documents comply with the requirements, it offers the mayor of municipality to initiate a procedure for categorization of tourist sites and issues a temporary certificate for the open procedure, valid for three months.
- The temporary certificate for the open procedure is sent to the applicant at the address of the site or any other address given by him in 14 days from issuance of the order for opening of the categorization.
- In the event that the Expert Committee finds any irregularities in the submitted documents, the applicant should remove them in 14 days of the date being notified of them.
- Then inspections of the site are carried out by expert working groups consisting of at least three people. The inspection group prepares a written statement that contains a proposal to approve or refuse to determine the type and category of the tourist site.
- The major’s office issues a permanent certificate of categorization.
Ads by Google
- Application form
- Copy of the deed of the property
- certificate that the person is not in liquidation-original or notarized copy
- certificate that the person is not in bankruptcy proceedings-original or notarized copy
- reference for the professional and linguistic qualification in the facility
- copies of documents certifying the professional and linguistic qualification of the manager of the tourist place
- form for determination of the category
- document certifying the facility is operational
- patent tax-75 lv per room
- certificate of categorization –depends on the municipality between 20 and 250lv
Category of tourist sites is issued with no time limits.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes up to 3 months for accommodation rooms, houses, apartments to be categorized.
A list with the municipality in Bulgaria where application for categorization shall be submitted can be found in the link below:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
In categorized tourist sites can be provided more favorable conditions and services than those set for the category.
There are no other uses of the certificate of categorization.
More information which might help people.