Brazil - Obtain a Death Certificate
The Death Certificate is a record of a citizen’s death. Its presentation is required, for instance, when the widow or widower wishes to remarry in a Civil Registry’s Office, apply for pension, or begin inventory or testament process.
The undertaker sends the deceased’s data to the Civil Registry’s Office to request for the Death certificate. The document must be collected by a family member.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The undertaker will be the one to submit all the required documents to the Civil Registry’s Office of the district where the citizen died.
- After sending the data, a family member can collect the certificate from a Civil Registry on presentation of the undertaker’s stub from the delivery of the data.
Ads by Google
To request a death certificate a relative must present the following documents of the deceased:
- Affidavit of Death
- Identity Card
- Birth Certificate (for minors) or Marriage Certificate
- Employment and Social Security Document (CTPS)
- Voter’s Card
- Reservist Certificate, if applicable
- National Taxpayer Registration (CPF)
- Document of the National Social Security Institute (INSS)
- Registration number with the Social Integration Program (PIS), or the Government Workers’ Fund (Pasep)
There is a charge for the issuing of the death certificate, but the Federal Constitution of 1988 establishes that poor citizens are exempt from paying any fee.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
The Death certificate shall be issued by the Civil Registry’s Office of the district where the citizen died.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.