Brazil - Obtain Certificate of Equal Rights
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill out the application below and provide the documents listed below.
- The request may be made by registered letter or SEDEX, the Federal Police or directly in the Protocol of the Ministry of Justice. Please see the 'Office Locations and Contacts' for the shipping address.
- Certified copy of the identity card for permanent foreigner
- Certificate Consular current Portuguese, of stating expressly intended to instruct the application for recognition of equal civil rights and obligations
- Declaration of residence, under penalty of law, attaching proof of residency (water bill, electricity, telephone or other)
- Certificate of criminal record issued by the Institute of Identification Department of Public Safety
Office Locations & Contacts
Nationality and Naturalization Division
Department of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Justice
Annex II, room 313
Brasilia - DF
Portuguese nationals with permanent residency in Brazil.
It is a free service.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The granting of equal rights was established by the 1988 Constitution for Portuguese living permanently in Brazil. These foreign nationals keep their original nationality, but obtain equal rights with Brazilians, save the exceptions established in the Constitution. In the same manner, Brazilians who live in Portugal can apply for equal rights in that country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.