Barbados - Register a Death
All deaths must be registered in Barbados. Following is the process on how to register a death.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
- The notice of a death must be given five (5) days after the death of a person.
- If death occurred in St. Michael or those areas situated below Top Rock and falls within the jurisdiction of District “A”, the Death is registered at the Registration Department, Coleridge Street, Bridgetown. All other registrations remain the same as for the registration of Births.
- The Funeral Director in charge of the body has the responsibility for registering the Death.
- Date of Death
- Place of Death
- Age of the deceased
- Country of Birth
- Profession of the deceased
- Marital status of the deceased
- Name of the informant
- Address of the informant
- Name of the Funeral Director
- Date of burial
- Place of burial
- Go to the Registration Department, Records Branch, located on Coleridge Street, Bridgetown.
- Present necessary documents.
- Complete a form for registering a death.
- All information must be accurate.
Ads by Google
- Medical Certificate of Death
- Notice of Death
- Identification card of the deceased
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
The Registrar of the Supreme Court of Barbados
Telephone: +1 (246)-426-3461
Fax: +1 (246)-426-2405
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade
1 Culloden Road,
Telephone: (246) 431-2200
Fax: (246) 429-6652 / (246) 228-0838
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Barbados Supreme Court: http://www.lawcourts.gov.bb/Death.html
More information which might help people.