Barbados - Obtain a Marriage Certificate
A marriage certificate is an official statement that two people are married. In some jurisdictions, a marriage certificate is the official record that two people have undertaken a marriage ceremony. This includes jurisdictions where marriage licenses do not exist.
- Married couple
- Any person who wishes to obtain a marriage certificate. Any person related to the owner of the marriage certificate.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- national registration number
Details of Marriage Certificate Required
- full names of husband and wife
- date of marriage
- place of marriage
- national registration numbers of husband and wife
- Visit the Registration Department, New Supreme Court Complex, Whitepark Road, St. Michael.
- Obtain an application form. To download a marriage certificate application form, click on this link: http://www.lawcourts.gov.bb/Documents/Application%20for%20Marriage%20Certificate.pdf.
- Complete the application form.
- Mail the application to the Registration Department and accompany it by a Money Order for the processing fee.
- Money Orders should be made out to the Registrar of the Supreme Court. Persons opting for this method of application should also enclose a self-addressed envelope with sufficient return postage.
- Applications must be completed in full and should be mailed to:
The Registrar of the Supreme Court
New Supreme Court Complex,
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Applications are processed for a fee of BDS$10.00 for nationals and BDS$20.00 for non-nationals. In cases where the relevant authorities of a foreign government require an apostil to be affixed to the certificate as proof of authenticity, you will be charged an additional fee of BDS$50.00.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application for Marriage Certificate:
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
The Registrar of the Supreme Court of Barbados
Telephone: +1 (246)-426-3461
Fax: +1 (246)-426-2405
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Foreign Trade
1 Culloden Road,
Telephone: (246) 431-2200
Fax: (246) 429-6652 / (246) 228-0838
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Application for Marriage Certificate: http://www.foreign.gov.bb/pageselect.cfm?page=110
More information which might help people.