Barbados - Obtain National Identification Card
If you are going to be residing or working in Barbados, you may want to obtain identification from that country. A national identification card is an identity card that each citizen or resident in a country is issued and required to carry and display under certain circumstances.
A person must be:
- a citizen of Barbados or
- a citizen of a country other than Barbados who is granted permission by the Chief Immigration Officer to remain in Barbados for a period of not less than six (06) months.
A Barbados identification card is available not only to citizens of Barbados, but also to residents who have lived in the country three or more years.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to the Electoral and Boundaries Commission of Barbados.
- Present the proper documents stated below to apply for national identification card.
- Complete an application form.
- Have your photograph taken.
Ads by Google
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Affidavit - must be registered by the Registrar
- Deed Poll - must be registered by the Registrar
- Decree Absolute
- Citizenship - For a person who was not born in Barbados and who has been granted this status by the Chief Immigration Officer
- Barbadians resident overseas can produce a valid passport of that country along with their Barbados birth certificate for verification of name by marriage.
There is no fee for obtaining a national identification card. However, there is a fee of $25.00 for replacing Identification Cards which are lost, defaced or destroyed.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Barbados Electoral and Boundaries Commission
Contact Number: 1-246-227-5800
For a list of Constituency Offices: http://www.electoral.barbados.gov.bb/constituencies.html
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Applying for a National Registration Number: http://www.gov.bb/bigportal/big/howdois/showHowDoI.php?file=nrnappl.xml
The Barbados Electoral and Boundaries Commission: http://www.electoral.barbados.gov.bb/index.html
More information which might help people.