Barbados - Obtain Import Permit
An import permit is a document issued by a national government authorizing the importation of certain goods into its territory.
A permit for the importation of any animal, bird, reptile, animal semen, other biologicals (e.g. vaccines), meat and meat products must be obtained beforehand from the Veterinary Services Department.
Anyone who wants to import goods (meat or plants) in Barbados.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The import permit may be obtained from:
The Veterinary Services Department,
Agriculture and Rural Development,
- The telephone and fax nos. are: (246) 427-5492 (tel.) and (246) 429-2143 (fax).
- A permit is also required for all plants and plant products.
- All fruits, vegetables, plants, cuttings, seeds, or unprocessed plant products must be declared to customs and presented for inspection by a Plant Quarantine Officer. Fresh fruits from certain countries are prohibited in order to prevent the spreading of pests and plant diseases. Certain plants, seeds or cuttings may require a phytosanitary certificate in addition to the import permit.
- Applications for an import permit should be sent to:
The Plant Quarantine Officer,
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Import permit for meat fee is BDS$25.00. There is no fee for import permit for plants.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
The Ministry of Agriculture
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Import Permit: http://www.foreign.gov.bb/pageselect.cfm?page=115
More information which might help people.