Barbados - Apply for Temporary Driver License
A temporary driver's license is a document authorizing a visitor or a temporary resident of Barbados to drive a motor vehicle in the country.
Temporary resident of Barbados and a holder of other country's driver's license where the applicant normally resides.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Proceed to the Ministry of Transport and Works which is located at Pine East-West Boulevard, St. Michael.
- A Barbadian who has obtained a licence abroad, or a new resident who holds a valid foreign licence, may apply to the Licensing Authority for a Barbados driving licence.
- The application must be made on the prescribed form and the relevant licence fee must be paid.
- A test may be required at the discretion of the Authority.
Ads by Google
The applicant must be in possession of a valid driving licence issued by the traffic authorities in his/her country of normal residence.
- Theory Test - $30.00
- Visitors permit - $10.00 for less than two months
- Visitors Permit - $100.00 for two months and over and up to a maximum of one year.
- Bicycles - 25.00
- Regulation Tests - 30.00
- Highway Codes - 20.00
- Conductor Badges - 80.00
- Private Service Vehicle Badges - 70.00
- Tariff Cards - 10.00
- Limited Trade Plates(per pair) - 190.00
- Provisional License Plates - 25.00
- Special Permits - 25.00
- Weight Certificates - 25.00
- Vehicle Inspections - 100.00
- Road Worthy Certificates - 25.00
- Vehicle Investigations(new) - 50.00
- Driving License Permits - 80.00
The temporary driver's license will be valid for one year or until the expiry of the applicant’s driving licence, whichever is the shorter time.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
A visitor or temporary resident of Barbados may obtain a temporary driving permit by applying to:
- The Licensing Authority offices at The Pine, St. Michael, Oistins in Christ Church and Holetown in St. James
- At any approved hired car agency.
Minister - The Honourable John Boyce, MP
Permanent Secretary - Mr. Lionel Nurse
Chief Technical Officer - Mr. Frank Thornhill
Ministry Of Transport and Work
Pine East-West Boulevard, St. Michael, Barbados
Please follow the link for more information
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.